On the switch box I took out the gold strip and the plastic slider underneath, I then cut off about 1/8" from the height.
I cut it down to the bottom of the grove on the side. I then sanded off the chrome and using different grits of sand paper I sanded down to (or is that up to) 12000 grit.
It now looks like I polished it. I then took a piece of extra black plastic I had from re-doing a Star Trek original series Tricorder and cut it to fit around the switch.
I can now switch it on with no trouble at all and I can grab the saber around the switchbox and not shut it off and when I sanded it I took off all the sharp corners so they do not dig into my hands.
I always loved the saber but never liked the paintjob, it makes it look cheep. They should have done the paint better.
I still have to repaint the rear grip because I painted it the other day and it was real humid out so the primer didn't stick good, but that can wait till winter.
Here are some closeups of the switchbox.