fiduciary

Author Topic: About these kits  (Read 16248 times)

Offline vortextwist

• formerly known as vortextwist
  • Master Force User
About these kits
« on: May 28, 2007, 11:18:32 AM »
I have a few questions about them.

when are they goin to be available and what all are included in them?  Just tryin to get all the info I can before I take the plunge and buy stuff or have one made. thanks

Offline GRAND MOFF TARKIN

• formerly pianoman/Admiral Piett
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Fear will keep them in line...
Re: About these kits
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 11:28:11 AM »
Your prolly better off Pm'ing Master Yoda

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 11:35:17 AM »
i also want to know the answer to this...

it's better that vortex made a thread, cause now everyone's questions can be answered pianoman ;)

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 12:02:14 PM »
As am I... I've recently acquired another graflex and now I'm looking into doing an ESB with UltraSound, so the info in thread form is preferable. ;D

Offline vortextwist

• formerly known as vortextwist
  • Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 08:26:40 PM »
yea I can't wait to find out.

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 07:30:22 PM »

care to enlighten us yoda?

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 03:05:58 PM »
just a guess and recalling yoda's previous posts, i think he is waiting on ultras board so he can test out the different configurations and opitions.  So when you see the boards shipping maybe a week after that I'd guess. 

Master Yoda will inform us soon enough.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 03:12:59 PM »
WOW that was a  :o 1000  :o dollar post there red five, i mean aluke123 ;)

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o                     8)        8) 8) 8)      8) 8) 8)      8) 8) 8)
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D                       8)        8)     8)       8)     8)     8)      8)
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o                     8)        8) 8) 8)       8) 8) 8)      8) 8) 8)

Sorry I am not the smiley master like you are but I do what I can.

Congrats mister chatter box  :D

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 03:18:33 PM »

by god it is my 1000th post!!!

and luke S, i just like to give my

man, with all these smilies, i feel like i just raised a flag!

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 03:41:57 PM »
What  would we do without you?

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2007, 04:11:36 AM »
Once I get the first Graflexs done and finally test fit the Ultra board I'll be preparing looking into preparing the Kits.

Luke S. is getting the first "Kit" of this type and I'm confident He will be able to give productive feedback on
how it was to install etc...

I'm also trying to make it as easy as possible so I have to consider what is best for everyone so they can have
successful builds with their own sabers.

Don't worry, just a little more patience and the end results will start coming out. 8)

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2007, 04:19:37 AM »
Yoda,

Since we have so many guys here doing their own conversions I will post this question for all our benefit. 

The slide switch on the side to the left of the red button.  I have remove the tab as you told me to.  The switch is a bit loose in there and I noticed on The Graflex shop's description of the new blade holder that you can put a screw in this switch to also be used to hold the blade holder to the hilt.  1. Do you recommend this and 2. Is it easy to drill out that rivet in the slide switch.

If yes then I will take a buttonhead screw in my kit for the slide.

And yes I have already started my review and will post immediately following my kit install. ;)

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2007, 04:46:41 AM »
Hey there Luke S.

No need to ruin a graflex by gouging out that slide switch. :D

The new adapters are meant to allow it to remain intact. If you want to tighten it up, put a small piece of
electrical or duct tape over it so it's not as Loose and will give it a smoother action when moved and keep it from
rattling or moving to easily when being used.

Adding the 2nd screw actually tweaks the graflex shell a bit and off sets the adapter to that side from my experience.

The adapters all get sleeved to some extent to ensure a tight and centered fit.

I used a Graflex with the new socket properly installed in it at C4 and dueled a bit against with Corbin with his killer penny.
We were using thick blades and we delivered some good hard whacks and it had no problems and never even came loose.

So if it's installed correctly it will work they way it's supposed to and the new chassis will absorb some of the inner component
shock so it all works together.

The following is mostly stuff you know as I've discussed with you before but I'll post it for others as well so
here's a little FYI for all you Graflex fans out there
;)

I still don't recommend Graflexs for thick walled use because the shells design it's self.
( although I've proven it can take a fair deal of punishment )
It is more vulnerable to being damaged if you drop it by having it knocked out of your hand, or hit the rabbit ears
with a thick blade etc...

A graflex is great for both dueling and display but not as a "bashing" saber in my opinion.
They just cost to much to bash and still are "converted camera flashes" so they will never be as strong as a solid machined stunt
saber, so... unless you have an extra Graflex especially for beating the crap out of it I'd stick with thin blades and good batteries
to get the most enjoyable experience you can from any Graflex. (especially a Vintage)

( on that note: even MHS hilts will lock threads if tweaked to much... so if you want to destroy something, get a solid
machined stunt saber ;) )

Also the Thin walled blades light up much better and are even more noticeably so with the new adapter 8)

Basically take care of your saber and it will reward you with years of performance and enjoyment 8)

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2007, 07:15:13 AM »
So these new Graflex's of yours are going to light up even better than the original ones like the ANH I got from you?

If so, that's AWESOME!!! ;D I can't wait to see the final result!

-Joclad

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2007, 07:29:30 AM »
Yoda I read somewhere that Ultra recommends using a mirrored lens as opposed to the collimator.  Just looking for your thoughts on the lens.

retrousse