fiduciary

Author Topic: Unofficial 2021 challenge poll  (Read 422 times)

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
Re: Unofficial 2021 challenge poll
« Reply #15 on: 2 weeks ago »
I think it's nice to have some different challenges for a change.  These things tend to be so stogy and purist.  Building something outside of your comfort zone might give you new insights and perspectives.

Building sabers with random parts, does clever things most sabers don't, uses unconventional materials, and on themes outside of star was is basically what I do.  I think it's great to have something that isn't "build yet another in canon hilt"

Other concepts I'd like to see are things like "only found parts and plumbing parts" or "all electronics from scratch"

Offline Guylo Ren

• No Force
  • Hi to all,dark side & light alike!
« Reply #16 on: 2 weeks ago »
I would indeed second Scott's idea,a specific System themed hilt is a fine idea!We've all seen variations over the years,be nice to have some fresh takes now that even more fresh locations have shown up across all media.

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
  • Very, Very English Poster
« Reply #17 on: 2 weeks ago »
I would indeed second Scott's idea,a specific System themed hilt is a fine idea!We've all seen variations over the years,be nice to have some fresh takes now that even more fresh locations have shown up across all media.

Yessir! I'll go amend the poll.
Better late than never.

Offline Guylo Ren

• No Force
  • Hi to all,dark side & light alike!
« Reply #18 on: 2 weeks ago »
Not to throw too many spanners in these works but a theme I've always wanted to see everybody combine on is,Sabers From Concept Art.
A few of these have been runs etc,but a lot tend to be one-offs made by the maker for themselves,& I reckon that could almost be a competition in its own right as there's so much design material out there.

NB: This has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that my only long-ongoing project is such a design.No,nothing at all. :angel:
« Last Edit: 2 weeks ago by Guylo Ren »

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
  • Very, Very English Poster
« Reply #19 on: 5 days ago »
One last week to vote if you haven't already!
Better late than never.