fiduciary

Author Topic: MHS build complete  (Read 991 times)

Offline SA22C

• No Force
  • Don't Panic
MHS build complete
« on: March 24, 2020, 01:41:59 PM »
Hey folks, just wanted to show off my second MHS build.  I've had a hankering to build a real thin-neck and fell in love with blade holder 21/22 in the MHS line.  Using that as a starting point, I decided to add choke 2, a 2 inch extension and some MHSv2 adapters to create a thinner diameter section and break up the silhouette.  Finishing touches is pommel 4 (without cubes), some MHS bunny ears, a 10-32 brass retention screw and a OneReplicas low-profile control box from their super-stunt Graflex.  Overall the look I was going for was Old Republic vintage, a weapon that was old but well-cared for.

I went for some light weathering on the emitter and choke sections, still debating color/weathering on the control box and lower/pommel sections.

Install was done using some modular Goth3D .99 chassis pieces, including a combination board/OLED holder, recharge port, 20mm speaker and battery holder.

Technical specs:
- Proffie 1.5
- TCSS 11-pin pixel connector
- TCSS 15A pre-wired battery
- 20mm 3W speaker
- 2.1mm recharge port
- OLED display
- dual momentary switches in the OneReplicas box
- pixel blade plug, Vader MPP style

Chassis reveal

Blade Plug

Love to hear any thoughts about the design and suggestions on weathering/coloring.  Thanks

Offline Darkmatter73

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
Re: MHS build complete
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 01:54:02 PM »
This is really gorgeous brother!
I nearly always paint my sabers, so I’ll always lean that way. It goes even further to break up or highlight certain sections, beyond just the silhouette.
That being said, I really like the design and well done sir! 👍
Darkmatter73

Offline ken

• Force User
  • in my experience there is no such thing as luck
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 05:05:39 AM »
thats one sweet build love how it turned out fantastic work. im planning on making my first MHS saber myself just waiting for some parts to get back in stock at TCSS
http://

Offline null

• No Force
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 05:30:15 AM »
Overall the look I was going for was Old Republic vintage, a weapon that was old but well-cared for.
Nice job, I think you nailed it. My first though before reading your posts over on TCSS was "huh... which one of the games is that from"? It's almost got a proto-graflex look to it or something.

I think you're well on your way with the weathering - a bit more around the 2nd and 3rd choke to match the upper one would finish it off IMHO.

- Steve
Thank you George Lucas for starting it all...

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
  • Very, Very English Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 05:31:21 AM »
Okay, so, I really like the look you've gone for, and that's a very clever use of MHS v1 and v2 parts to change up the diameters of the design.

That said, that MHS Bunny ear is kinda killing it for me. It just looks out of place.

As for further decoration, maybe etching/engraving? Old Republic stuff's got a lot of that fine detailed stuff, and it's not that hard to do.
Better late than never.

retrousse