fiduciary

Author Topic: Hello fellow Saber Lovers!  (Read 256 times)

Offline TrooperJ200

• No Force
  • Um...Hi?
Hello fellow Saber Lovers!
« on: February 26, 2020, 08:27:05 PM »
 :jediblue:

Hey guys, I'm returning back to the art of saber crafting after a long hiatus. I've been gone for so long I'm interested in what has developed and what's new around here. My name is Trooperj200 and I was in the middle of developing a saber back in 2016 but life caught up to me.  I see the new led blade technology that's in use and it's super cool.  Are neopixels what's in style? Does anyone recommend them over just the usual led and empty blade?

Anyway questions aside, I'm happy to be back.

MTFBWY

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The Count formerly known as Sollus Vir
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
Re: Hello fellow Saber Lovers!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 08:43:44 PM »
Welcome back. I'm starting up my shop again after quite some time too. Definitely feels good to be back into it.

Re: the Neopixel. Pros and cons just like everything else. Pro is the brightness and truly amazing blade effects you get.

Con vs LED Star is the power draw and runtime. A double strand looks like it will be pulling 5A+, which means either more batteries or shorter runtime. Also, with that kind of amperage, I've had to start looking at ratings for gauges and wire I'm using and if my other components all can play together nice with that kind of power. So increases complexity, or at least intentionality, there more than usual.

Different smokes for different folks really.  :cool: Plus, gotta define what you want out of your saber too. Never a lack of innovation around here though. That's for sure.

Offline TrooperJ200

• No Force
  • Um...Hi?
Re: Hello fellow Saber Lovers!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 08:03:56 AM »
Wow Count! I remember seeing your old custom saber vids on YouTube years ago. So cool to get a reply from you!

Do you still take commissions? One thing that has been a trouble for my lightsaber collecting has been the indecisiveness on the saber hilts. I'm a sucker for prequel trilogy hilts, especially since the new trilogy has been pretty lackluster in innovation.  What hilts are popular this time around?