fiduciary

Author Topic: Ciao everyone (except one)  (Read 982 times)

Offline Alekos Fei-Long

• No Force
Ciao everyone (except one)
« on: November 12, 2019, 07:00:36 AM »
...obviously joking - my ciao to all of you, lightsaber enthusiasts!

Just a couple of words to introduce myself: in love with Star Wars since I was 3, I started getting interested into sabersmith-ing at 20 (something like 13 years ago), when not so many company where out (or at leat, that I knew the existence), when TCSS was my very single and only point of reference to get inspiration and practically nobody talked about Neopixels or 3d printing.

I remember reading some of these posts (because on the contrary - if not mistaken - this community already existed, didn't it?) and desiring to get at least close to the mastery of many crafters (especially US guys).
I was younger and with so much less responsibilities then, and I started off building something - nothing special, but I was content: I had a hilt with light (believe me, nothing you’d be curious to give a look at).

Then I grew up, I finished University, started working, a wife…… and then I discovered I’d became father. 4 years ago more or less. Don’t know what happened, probably it was my way to say hey, I’m still young, and I still want to play - and I started building a new lightsaber; so I discovered that the world was changed a lot around me: new technologies, new knowledge and (a lot) new possibilities were out there!

I had to try.

First was the hilt (I started from stainless steel pipe), and between a diaper and another I tried to learn as much as I could about custom lightsabers and how to manage my time to free up at least some hours on weekends only for myself. Finally I’m getting there – after almost four years  :azn:
Hope to share soon some pics of my own lightsaber build and thank all those patient users that will be so kind to support me on various doubts I, for sure, will have...

Ciao!
Alekos
(please be kind forgiving me for any language mistakes)

Offline Darth Chasm

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
Re: Ciao everyone (except one)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 07:26:06 AM »
Welcome aboard! Your language is perfectly fine.

In the saber hobby when you find more time for it you realize you need to find more time for it  :wink: It's an addiction.

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 08:18:16 AM »
Ciao Alekos welcome to FX Sabers!

You are very welcome here, thank you for joining!

Can't wait to see pics of your hard work. May the Force Be With You

Offline Alekos Fei-Long

• No Force
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 08:37:37 AM »
In the saber hobby when you find more time for it you realize you need to find more time for it  :wink: It's an addiction.
I agree!  :laugh:

Ciao Alekos welcome to FX Sabers!

You are very welcome here, thank you for joining!

Can't wait to see pics of your hard work. May the Force Be With You

Thank you both!  And may the Force be with you too!

retrousse