fiduciary

Author Topic: Speaker in middle of hilt  (Read 2018 times)

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
  • Very, Very English Poster
Speaker in middle of hilt
« on: October 27, 2019, 12:04:18 PM »
Okay, time to once more ask the advice of my betters:

Due to a cram-fu dilemma, the only place I can fit either a 20 or 22mm speaker is right in the middle of my new WIP's hilt, rather than at the pommel, where I'd usually put them. Not a problem, I know it's been done infinity plus one times. What I was wondering was if there were any special considerations to take so that the sound isn't muted or ends up sounding awful.

Thoughts?
Better late than never.

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
Re: Speaker in middle of hilt
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 12:21:31 PM »
Make sure the speaker is held tight and doesn't rattle, make sure there's some space for air fore and/or aft of the speaker -the vibrating air is what makes sound- and make sure there's some place (e.g. "holes") for said air to escape with said sound.  :afro:

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 12:46:34 PM »
Certain fonts may sound better than others as well.

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
  • Very, Very English Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 03:06:04 PM »
Make sure the speaker is held tight and doesn't rattle, make sure there's some space for air fore and/or aft of the speaker -the vibrating air is what makes sound- and make sure there's some place (e.g. "holes") for said air to escape with said sound.  :afro:

Okay, tight speaker enclosure, no problem, I can 3D print that. sound vents, can do, I'll just have to figure out a place to put them where they won't be in my palm while I'm holding it. Thanks.
Better late than never.

retrousse