fiduciary

Author Topic: Should I sand the sound chamber?  (Read 253 times)

Offline shiro

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Should I sand the sound chamber?
« on: December 05, 2018, 08:34:38 AM »
Finally going to assemble the chassis after receiving my TGS G2. I am thinking whether to sand and polish the surface of the sound chamber (and other black ring/plate), or should I leave them have the slight ridges? What is everyone opinion? Thanks in advance.

Offline Yaraell_Ren

• Force User
  • Listen Yaddle, I'm gonna need to borrow your car!
Re: Should I sand the sound chamber?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 11:07:19 AM »
Can you give us more info on which chassis you're working on?

Offline shiro

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 09:23:19 PM »
Can you give us more info on which chassis you're working on?

My apologies for not making it clear. I am working on Master Yoda chassic kit and I am referring to the black ring/plate in general. I have sanded/polished one and the result as shown. Right one is the one polished obviously. Just can't decide which way it will look better at the end.

Offline Yaraell_Ren

• Force User
  • Listen Yaddle, I'm gonna need to borrow your car!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 08:43:46 AM »
Nice, Yoda's DIY kits aren't too common these days:) most kits I've seen have 'ridge' finishes, but I'm sure you can also paint with metallic color or polish out those parts to make them look better.

Offline shiro

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 09:17:15 AM »
Nice, Yoda's DIY kits aren't too common these days:) most kits I've seen have 'ridge' finishes, but I'm sure you can also paint with metallic color or polish out those parts to make them look better.

I am very happy to own a Yoda kit, the 3d printed chassis are all very nice but I like Yoda's better.

I am not very happy with the result of the sanded disc, so I will keep true to the original and leave the rest untouched. 🤗

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 05:18:08 PM »
Hey there Shiro

Glad to see you getting your kit together now  :cool: and thank you for the encouraging compliments
on my original chassis systems.

Do be careful with sanding down the cog shapes as they have the screw hole passes through them.
Depending on what kit you have some had more material than others but...
If you find you need replacement speaker rings let me know as I do have some spares form those kits left over  :wink:

MTFBWY
always
YODA