The two Arduino saber originals have teamed up to bring you the STREAM Core™ RGB
Version 1 featuring hardware by Prowerkstatt
and the S.T.R.E.A.M.
software system developed by JakeSoft
Based on the venerable DIYino™ Stardust V3
, this board comes fully programmed with the S.T.R.E.A.M. firmware. There is no sketch
to compile, no code
to download, and no libraries
to install; just wire it and enjoy. (This is NOT FX-SaberOS/LightsaberOS and shares no code in common; this is a totally new ProtowerkStatt/JakeSoft collaboration!
)Features at a glance
- SD Card Included!
Each board will come equipped with an SD card preloaded with 4 sound fonts
- Firmware Features:
- 3-channel LED color-change support
- Power on/off blade ramp
- Impact flash
- Swing and Clash response
- Supports one-button AND two-button operation, your choice!
- One-button motion-activated blaster-block mode
- One-button impact-activated lockup-mode
- Aux-button blaster-block (quick press)
- Aux-button lockup (press and hold)
- 4 Sound Fonts
- SmashSwitch™ profile (sound font) selection
- Aux-button profile (sound font) selection
- 12 configurable color presets
- 7 blade flicker effect settings
- Customizable lockup blade effects
- Configurable deep sleep mode
- Configurable automatic power-down
- Accent LED
- In-hilt configuration menu
- Sound volume
- Main blade color
- Flash blade color
- 9 + 1 Swing sensitivity settings
- 9 + 1 Clash sensitivity settings
- Support for x4 sound font banks with:
- x4 Blaster
- x8 Swing
- x8 Clash
- Idle Hum
- Font ID
- Boot Sound
- Configuration via USB using the intuitive STREAM GUI PC app!.
Of course you also get all the benefits of the proven Stardust V3 platform:
- USB charging: The board can be used to charge a single 3.7V Li-Ion battery cell, no need for a recharge port! The board includes an on-board micro-USB connector as well as an external, small size micro-USB breakout board. Either USB port can be used to charge the battery and interface with your Windows PC for the STREAM GUI app!
- Deep Sleep: With current consumption of a mere 0.3mA in sleep mode, a kill key is purely optional!
- Single cell compatible: The board is designed to operate with a single-cell 3.7v Lithium Ion battery.
- Small size: 0.82" x 2" x 0.2" (21mm x 51mm x 6mm)
All of this is delivered on a gorgeous special-edition jet-black PCB
STREAM Core is the only turn-key saber board in the galaxy to combine the software development expertise of JakeSoft with superb electrical engineering from Protonerd/Obi_1. This is the culmination of a collective decade in saber development, so please join me and welcoming this new mid-range saber core to the fold!
For sales and availability questions, contact Obi_1. Expect prices to be ~75 USD when the boards go on sale. Full demo video:One-button demo video:Announcement video:Historical development thread:S.T.R.E.A.M.