Today, I completed a build I've been working on over the past half year. That's why I'm so proud of this little special project.
2 of my favourite sci-fi movies combined: Star Wars and Blade Runner.
I present to you: the M2019 Saber
- Completely custom machined aluminium main body
- Custom made and blued steel sleeve
- Resin cast amber grip sculpted by me and cast by Soulinertia
- Metal 3D printed lever and switch box, powdercoated
- Plecter Labs Crystal Chard 4.0
- 9W RGB main LED
- Saber essentials 24mm bass speaker
- 3.7v li-ion battery in hilt rechargable with 2.1mm charge port
I received a lot of back lash regarding the amber grip on social media, but to me, it wouldn't be a Blade Runner saber without it. It's not the most comfy grip out there for a saber, but that was never the intention. I wanted to build a hommage to the gun, not make a fierce and handy duelling saber. This is an artistic experiment, more than it is a functional cosplay item.