for Plecter R.I.C.E. and Proffieboard/TeensySaber
People keep asking questions about how to use Bluetooth RICE
RICE programm, what bluetooth module to use, what USB Bluetooth dongle to use....
I'm making all my sabers now with the Bluetooth RICE feature using a Bluetooth module, because it completely replaces the need in a RICE cable we used to, you can now adjust all your RICE enabled sound board (Crystal Focus
, Petit Crouton
, Prizm, Crystal Shard
, Pico Crumble) settings wirelessly over Bluetooth from your PC, Android or iPhone mobile phones (I'm currently working on a single iPhone and Android app to control all Plecter Labs RICE enabled sound boards over Bluetooth.
FSC-BT909, FSC-BT630, JDY-16 modules work with iPhones because they support 4.0 BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) technology, all Apple devices work only with Bluetooth 4.0+).
Recently I found new bluetooth modules from Feasycom manufacturer that now are my favorite. All other previous modules were not 100% perfect in terms of functionality and availability, so from now I will only recommend to use FSC-BT630
bluetooth modules for all Plecter RICE and Proffieboard or TeensySaber builds and to use with my upcoming "ForceSync" mobile app.
So here is a small tutorial for you guys, hope there will be more sabers with this awesome feature in the community! ;)Links for parts (FSC-BT630 and FSC-BT909 modules, +4db and +18db signal power):BEST MODULES I USED SO FAR!
- FSC-BT630 module (only BLE): FSC-BT630 at KR-sabers (UK)
/ FSC-BT630 at TCSS (USA)
- FSC-BT909 module (Dual-Mode SPP+BLE): FSC-BT909 at KR-sabers (UK)
/ FSC-BT909 at TCSS (USA)
- iOS smartphone app for Bluetooth R.I.C.E. Remote Control: ForceSync app
- Android smartphone app for Bluetooth R.I.C.E. Remote Control: in development
- can be programmed (set Name and Passcode) via bluetooth connection with official Feasycom app - FeasyBlue
(search it in App Store and Google Play)
- USB-to-TTL converter:
- Amazon.com: DSD TECH TTL to USB Converter with CP2102 Chip Works for Windows
- PL2303HX USB To RS232 TTL Auto Converter Module Converter Adapter For arduino
- CP2102 USB 2.0 to TTL UART Module 6Pin Serial Converter STC Replace FT232 Module
- USB To RS232 TTL UART PL2303HX Auto Converter USB to COM Cable Adapter Module
- R.I.C.E. cable: TCSS R.I.C.E. cable
- Serial Terminal Software: YAT download | SourceForge.net
- full bluetooth wiring and setup instructions for Proffieboard are in this PDF manual: ProffieBoard_TeensySaber User Manual_v1.5_12.pdf - Google DriveNOTE!
Some TCSS R.I.C.E. cables are made with CP2102 chips, some with PL2303, and if your cable is not recognized by computer with CP2102 driver then you have to download and install an old version 188.8.131.52
(from year 2008-2009) of Prolific driver. How to do this described here: Fake PL2303 - how to install on Windows 8.1 - BartB
Both modules work perfectly with ForceSync app for iOS and Android smartphones