Ok so I have a few questions about how to go about buying a saber.
So I looked at all the sabers from the movies, Expanded Universe and a few others.
One particularly caught my eye, which is Master Rahm Kota's saber, because of the leather wrapping.
So I searched around and looked at most of the manufacturers around, and I've only seen ONE with the option to do the leather wrap, which is saberparts.
It also has a unique feature of a realtime 3D model of the saber, as you construct it.
I built myself a saber there, and it's actually a custom version, just inspired on Kota's saber.
Now, I need help from you guys on a few things.
1. THE HILT: As stated above, I made my version using saberparts' site, based on Rahm Kota's design. Do I get it from there and have a custom manufacturer like Vader's Vault do the other modifications? Or do I just use the pictures from that to send straight to the custom people? I ask this because maybe they won't be able to replicate that saber, or will they actually have to purchase from saberparts, or something?
2. THE BLADE: I want to duel with the saber. So I need a blade that's battle-ready. What are some of the best blades for this out there? Can I pick from ANY blade maker? I've been comparing a few and it looks like Hyperdynelabs's "Hyperblade" seems to be the best.
3. THE SOUND: What are the sound boards available out there, and what about sound fonts? I'm thinking of a simple, movie-close sound with no extra stuff (I've heard some that have voices, and SFX in them other than the saber, those are a nono). Ultrasabers has this feature where you press the ignition button and it does the saber clashing sound until you hit it again, which is VERY cool. Is this exclusive to their stuff?
4. THE LOOK: I'm going for a straight up green saber. I've seen some manufacturers have options for changing your saber blade color, having the color pulse between 2 or more colors, changing the flare color, for when you clash your saber, and things like that. I just want a white flash on clash, and I don't need the color changing or pulsing effects. But, being able to change blade color now and then would be nice, as opposed to having to buy different colored blades. I'd also love to have the illuminated ignition button, like the ones ultrasabers offers.
5. EXTRAS: I'd like it to have the covertec clip, which I guess comes standard with most sabers, but more importantly, I want to be able to charge my saber without having to open it up and remove batteries. Plugging in a charger would be ok, but ideally I'm thinking of a display stand that is also a charging dock. Has this been done yet? I'm sure it's possible...
I'm attaching a couple pictures of the saber I constructed on the website, and a couple more questions about it pop up:
- Master Kota's saber has leather wrapping all the way up to the switch. This saber, does not. Which I kinda like, it looks less simple.
- What are those two holes in the switch section, other than the red button (which I'm assuming is the turn on switch)?
Thanks in advance, guys!