So, it's exam week, no getting around it. You guys are probably sick of hearing me complain about school, so I'll just skip that part right now, but I will say the model you're about to see has been the product of me brushing up on my 3d modelling in my study breaks. I'm very happy with how the model has turned out so far. There's only one piece that isn't fitting right because my holes are misaligned, but I'll fix that later on. As of now, the chamber is in rough form and the saber is in finished form as far as the render goes. I'm using Autodesk Inventor (terrible UI, but unlike Solidworks, it's a free student edition) so the render quality isn't great, but the saber itself is dead on to the russrep obi that I am using for this build. Normally I'd wait to show the render until it was complete, but I'm really excited about how this model has turned out so far, so I figured I'd just make this a WIP thread.
above you can see the part that isn't quite fitting right, but it's an easy fix once I've got some more time. I'm probably going to make the fins taller anyway, so I've been stalling that fix until I do, as I'll just reassemble the whole chamber at once.
It could be a while before I get this one finished, but then again, I may surprise myself and crank these out in a weekend or two over break. I haven't decided yet, but I don't even have the pommels for the sabers yet, so I've got time to figure it out.
Anyway, thanks for looking and stay tuned for more!