Vercify, I started by sanding off most of the anodizing. Then I primed and spray painted a few coats of black Krylon and a couple of days later I very SLOWLY started chipping off paint. Then I repeated the whole process of sanding, painting, scraping two more times because I kept scraping off too much paint and then I would have too start all over again.
On the wind vane, I used metallic copper paint, clear coated it, scraped it off, then painted black over top. I didn't let the black completely dry before I started to VERY gently scrape and sand off the black without removing too much copper in the process.