I am now offering as an exclusive to the FX-Sabers community something that I myself commissioned.
This is completely outside the realm of my Laser Cutting/Engraving products.
And here is a teaser...
Challenge Medallions they are.A Video:
Here is the design prototype pic as well.
These are 1.5" in diameter and almost 1/4" thick. Very thick - thicker than most any mediallion you may have ever handled - and all solid metal - and very weighty.
There is edge engraving:"â€¢ UNLEARN WHAT YOU HAVE LEARNED â€¢ SKILL â€¢ COURAGE â€¢ SPIRIT â€¢ BODY â€¢ INSIGHT â€¢"
Yoda's inspiring lesson to Luke as he trained to be a Jedi.
And the 5 Jedi Trials ("Flesh" and "Body" are interchanged)
And engraving of the Original, Ancient Jedi Code:"Emotion, yet Peace.
Ignorance, yet Knowledge.
Passion, yet Serenity.
Chaos, yet Harmony.
Death, yet the Force."The Jedi symbol is on the front.
The challenge medallion has an antique silver finish, which really highlights the engraving and symbols - and gives a slightly weathered appearance. A sense of ancient wisdom.
These coins are MINTED - not 3D printed.Only available to FX Sabers' members who have been members for 3 or more months, and have 50 or more posts.
Each will be $15 (+ $2.50 shipping to US, $4 outside US) - and you may only purchase 1 (one of the Jedi, and 1 of the upcoming Sith medallions for a total of 2).If you wish to acquire the Jedi Medallion:
- Paypal to email@example.com marked as for "GOODS"
- Price is $15 (+ $2.50 shipping in the US or +$4 shipping outside the US)
- Please put your FX-Sabers Alias and shipping address in the Paypal message. I need your FX-Sabers Alias to confirm that you are a member and have more than 3 months and 50 posts.
- I will ship your Jedi Medallion in 4 days from payment.
Only 70 will be available in this run.And.... For you Sith out there... Yes, a Sith Medallion is coming... Not just yet though - so please be patient with me.
Challenge medallions have a long and honored history in military units - and are held by accepted members with honor and pride. In gatherings of like minded individuals, the medallion is shown, and demonstrates union and camaraderie. Military myth says that the Medallion was first used to identify members within special units. The Medallions were to be carried always, and in a social gathering, when someone did not have their medallion, he would have to buy everyone with their medallion a drink.
Thank you for the excellent interest in my Jedi Medallions.
Please let me clarify some points of this offering:- The Jedi Medallions are ready to ship NOW
- You may acquire ONE only, and only if you are an FX-Sabers' member with at least 3 months membership and at least 50 posts.
- The reason for only allowing ONE per member is not because of availability. It is to promote exclusivity to the members only. When you see someone else with this Jedi Medallion, you can be fairly sure that they are or have been a contributing member of the FX-Sabers' forums. This is an excellent community - let us promote this fellowship.
- If someone else who is not a member does want one of these Medallions, please encourage them to become an FX-Sabers' forum member. After 3 months and 50 posts, they can earn their Jedi Medallion. Our hobby can only grow and benefit from these new members.
- The Sith Medallions are not yet ready to be released. They are in the proofing phase - and I will post another thread when they are available. You should not post your intent to acquire a Sith Medallion in this Jedi Medallion thread. You will be able to acquire ONE Sith Medallion as well - so as a member, you may have both the Jedi and Sith Medallions. But only ONE of each.
- Please do not sell your Medallion... I would be most disappointed to see these on eBay or some other venue.
Thank you again.
Q: Why didn't you use the most famous quote on the Jedi Medallion, "May The Force Be With You"?
A: I deliberately choose not to for two reasons. One is that I felt that that it should be said as the medallion is passed from person to person. The second is that I felt that putting that on the medallion seemed to "commercialize" or cheapen it in some way. "May The Force Be With You" seems to me should be spoken.
Q: How are the medallions made? Are they 3D printed?
A: The medallions not 3D printed; they are MINTED. A solid metal disk is stamped using high pressure with a custom made die. Then the medallion is plated with a metal finish similar to chrome plating, but a different color.
Q: If I loose my medallion, may I acquire another?
A: Don't loose your medallion.
Q: if I miss this run, will you be making more?
A: Hard to see the future is...