This was a quasi-commission that I did for our very own Clark Kent of these forums. I basically did the install and gave him the right of first refusal since I knew he wanted one. Well, the good news is he didn't refuse :)
This saber has an Igniter Mini running a TriRebel RGB for color mixing utilizing all the features of Igniter R4, including Dual Phase(TM) for both classic and lock.
This was a pretty straight-forward install despite size being at a premium with the Mini. The hardest part being getting the brass valve converted to a button with the hemi. I ended up using a paper clip and bending it in an elongated S-shape where both bubbles of the s were on either side of valve, one completely inside the saber. That allowed there to be a little bit of movement without the button being able to completely back out of the hole. I then used epoxy putty to make a shelf on the top side of the paper clip, and once that dried overnight I super-glued the hemi on.
The speaker is hidden in the neck area. I drilled a few holes under the shroud for sound to escape. Sound also leaks out the emitter when the blade is not inserted. Once inserted it is quieter but it was an unfortunate tradeoff to prevent drilling visible sound holes in the hilt.
Overall I'm very pleased and will be doing another one soon for myself to keep.Specs
- Igniter Mini(TM) running RGB TriRebel
- Rectangular SoundTraxx speaker in neck area
- 1.7mm recharge port inside pommel
- Main button is latching red thumb screw (twist to latch)
- Aux button is working pushable hemi
- Essence Episode I [IA] with blue blade, cyan DP, full Saber Cinema(TM) and Obi EPI FX
- Essence Episode II [IA] with blue blade, light purple DP, Love Theme Saber Cinema and Obi EP2 FX
- Electrum [Sunrider] with blue blade, light blue DP, various epI songs Saber Cinema(TM) and Obi EP4 FX
- Adegan Dual Crystal [Blako] with TOR green, Dark Purple DP
- Heirloom [Madcow] with blue blade, Lock DP w/ open door sound, Battle of Hoth SC and Winter FX.
- All Too Easy [Kota] with Fire-Orange blade, force choke DP sound only, Vader EPIV and V FX and Imperial March Saber Cinema(TM).
- 501 Commander with light yellow blade, Lock DP w/ open door sound
- Galaxy Blade (Mongo) with varying blade colors and DP (Blade Shade(TM) high)
- Now That's What I Call Racin' [IA] with varying blade colors and DP.
Here's a few comparison shots with the OR Qui, my Luke Hero and the Larbel EL ready. The Parks is the middle saber in all the pics.Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLkf0AIFbf0