fiduciary

Author Topic: Dun Mock  (Read 1348 times)

Offline adrellor

• No Force
  • Dare to Dream
Dun Mock
« on: November 25, 2012, 02:21:49 PM »
Is there any training resources for this style of lightsaber combat?
As always, It's been a pleasure doing business with you.

Offline Drazhar

• Master Force User
Re: Dun Mock
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 02:44:53 PM »
Why yes! Yes there is!

www.sabercombat.com Is a WONDERFUL resource.

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 04:44:43 PM »
+1 vote for Caine and Nova.

Oh- and on a side note- a simple search would (in the future) be the easiest way to hunt down information for some of your questions. ;)

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
  • Owl Thread Survivor #19
    • The Star Wars Custom Miniature Database
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 06:38:02 PM »
Dun Möch isn't really a form of saber combat, either.  It's more like taunting than actual saber combat.

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 06:49:49 PM »
Ohhhhh this is actually a real thing. I didn't know that. haha

Well- I suppose just making your enemy self concious is a good place to start. I've found that in REAL fights on the street- acting like you have a slightly deranged and self destructive attitude tends to psych people out.

If you act like you have nothing to lose- people don't want to fight you.

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 07:53:57 PM »
If you want to equate Dun Mok to real saber combat, you can think of "taunting" as a way of drawing an opponent in and making them drop their defense, or in other words "breaking timing" or "faking".

Check this out: http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=28099.0

If you like what you see, go to www.sabercombat.com.  ;)  We are having a Holiday sale on our DVD's BTW.  8)

Offline adrellor

• No Force
  • Dare to Dream
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 09:40:50 PM »
awesome! Thanks guys, after spending ours googling it and finding no dueling guides this is a major relief
As always, It's been a pleasure doing business with you.

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 10:09:44 PM »
awesome! Thanks guys, after spending ours googling it and finding no dueling guides this is a major relief

You won't find any real "dueling guides" online. Believe me...I have done a TON of research on what is out there, and there honestly isn't much that is truly tangible. It's mainly people reading the books, Jedi Path, etc. and studying the character's moves from the films and video games and then combining their "knowledge base" from that and from Wookiepedia and POOF! Instant expert!  :P

It's truly not a matter of delving into the moves or forms themselves that make it work, it is the real application to combat that can help bring them to life...something that I have been focused on for the past 4 years, and Novastar and I are constantly trying to expand it!

retrousse