fiduciary

Author Topic: Any room for improvement?  (Read 20254 times)

Nhoj-pas Anner

Re: Any room for improvement?
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2006, 10:58:46 AM »
thats right brother! ;D ;D

Offline ijbrekke

• No Force
  • Don't mess with....Iowa. What?
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2006, 01:26:39 PM »
and maul is the king of cool.......even though he got cut in half

Does that make him half as cool then?  ;D

Offline ani104

• Master Force User
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2006, 03:50:13 PM »
and maul is the king of cool.......even though he got cut in half

Does that make him half as cool then? ;D

Lol :D

Offline Shadowlynx

• Master Force User
  • Darkness has Fallen
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2006, 09:24:05 PM »
I agree the darth maul is pretty darn awesome. I guess I'm not the only one that thinks MR should put in some new sounds from skywalkersounds. I got a double blade and I love it alot, it came with a vertical wall stand so it saves alot of space since my room is so small. I don't like how ever, that I haven't dueled with it but from swinging it around outside it really is that heavy and it's hard to pull off hard core tricks with this saber. I also don't like the AAA's holder. It really makes the blade unbalanced espeically when you take the two sabers apart. In conclusion I love the darth maul double bladed fx I'm proud of it and it belongs with my luxeon collection fx's.   8)

Offline Lord Throughlou

• Master Force User
  • may the toast be with you "this is a quote"
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2006, 10:12:47 AM »
this is another one of them sabers i so desparatly crave lol  ;)

Offline himurax13

• Force User
  • Fear is my ally ...
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2006, 08:39:05 AM »
I definately love this saber the most out of all of the FX's (somehow I ended up with 3 double mauls).  It is very close to the LE in size and looks.  It does have room for a lot of improvement. 

1.  There are too many buttons on the hilt, even the covertech clip is in the way.
2.  It is extremely front heavy in single blade form.
3.  The switch is a bear to turn on and off and should be located lower on the hilt.
4.  Someone should invent a magnetic coupler or a setup that allows one to seperate the sabers easily.
5. It would be nice if the blades were removable, even if it takes a lot of effort for display purposes.
6. I feel that the blades need three inches trimmed off each end to accomodate shorter saber wielders.
7.  Different color blades would be cool as well.
Justice disguised as insanity ...

Offline Ketme-Hamje Traya

• Experienced Force User
  • "Our path brought us here for a reason..."
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2006, 09:10:16 AM »
Its a very solid saber, tough to the nails by design. The blades are a thicker composite polycarbonite to accomidate the wielder droping it (or dueling with it). As for the detachable blades, just go to Ultrasabers.com, they make conversions to stronger and detachable blades. The issue of the length is not an issue for me (i'm 6'4" tall) but the blades could be a tad shorter, Seven foot plus is a bit much. The weight issue to me is not present, the blades feel quite well balanced when separate or together, the balance point is about one inch up the blade with them detached, that is the desired balance point on a real sword/saber/katana. Not meaning to sound offending or disrespectful, but strength training works out very effctively while practicing with lightsabers (of coures I'm also an Artilleryman, so that helps with my muscles).
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 09:20:28 AM by Ketme-Hamje Traya »
"...there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."
-Darth Traya

Offline Lord Throughlou

• Master Force User
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2006, 03:18:10 AM »
im torn between this and the vader because i might not be able to afford the double maul but i might make some sacrifices lol

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2006, 06:23:36 AM »
im torn between this and the vader because i might not be able to afford the double maul but i might make some sacrifices lol

well you cant go wrong with the vader....trust me.
The Force will be with you....always.

Offline Lord Throughlou

• Master Force User
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2006, 07:37:56 AM »
ok im still waiting for my local borders to start displying and selling them again becuase i got my anakin from there last year and i;d rather take it away with my instead of waiting

Offline Ketme-Hamje Traya

• Experienced Force User
  • "Our path brought us here for a reason..."
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2006, 11:59:30 PM »
BTW, I was more of less forced into the Dark side. One, because Darth Maul was just so xxx cool. And Two, because the only other choice that they had for a lightsaber at the shop that I wnet to was the Luke ROTJ lightsaber and I was all like "nuh uhh, Green not, I like" and I asked for the Darth Maul. I love it though, and I might drag my brother into atleast the dueling part, once he gets a Obi Wan saber.
"...there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."
-Darth Traya

Offline killphil

• Master Force User
  • ...you know, as in Kill Bill?
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2006, 12:26:14 AM »

well you cant go wrong with the vader....trust me.

Seconded. The Vader is a top notch saber. I do have a double Maul coming to me in the mail, though, so my opinion might change( I doubt it).

Offline levelnext

• formerly known as levelnext
  • Master Force User
  • you are what you is
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2006, 04:59:03 AM »
I definately love this saber the most out of all of the FX's (somehow I ended up with 3 double mauls).  It is very close to the LE in size and looks.  It does have room for a lot of improvement. 

1.  There are too many buttons on the hilt, even the covertech clip is in the way.
2.  It is extremely front heavy in single blade form.
3.  The switch is a bear to turn on and off and should be located lower on the hilt.
4.  Someone should invent a magnetic coupler or a setup that allows one to seperate the sabers easily.
5. It would be nice if the blades were removable, even if it takes a lot of effort for display purposes.
6. I feel that the blades need three inches trimmed off each end to accomodate shorter saber wielders.
7.  Different color blades would be cool as well.

ABOUT: 4.  Someone should invent a magnetic coupler or a setup that allows one to seperate the sabers easily.

Parks sells his "inertia" saber, which uses magnetic couplers to do what you suggest! it seems quite nice. Maybe something like it can be machined to fit the maul saber.

just my 2 cents.

http://www.parksabers.com/inertia.html
On a mission to constantly annoy C3PO!

--:CLICK HERE TO SEE MY COLLECTION:--

Offline Lord Throughlou

• Master Force User
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2006, 06:02:46 AM »
i think borders are only gonna stock the maul obi and vader this year becuase the rest are discontinued lol

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2007, 10:21:24 AM »
I'm not really up on my battery dynamics but I've been told that one 9 volt can be comparable to 3 AAs.  Can anyone elaborate on this?

Sorry to dredge up old threads, but I saw the thing about batteries and voltage.  Your typical LR6 (AA) battery has a standardized voltage of 1.5 volts. 3x1.5=4.5 volts. Half of the stated 9. To get 9volts you have to have 6 AA batteries Like the Luke ESB, Luke ROTJ, Mace Windu etc.

The older LED FX's don't really run on 9 volts, but two 4.5 volts run paralelled.  The 6 AA battery clip is a holdover from the electroluminesent Luke ROTJ, which did require 9 volts to run. MR just didn't want to redesign the battery holder so they paralelled the battery holder into two separate 4.5v circuits. They did this to cut down on cost. They used the same method on the Mace since the AOTC and ROTS are the same saber with different packaging.

If you use  true 9 volt setup on any fx not designed for it, you WILL fry the saber without heavy modification.

retrousse