Hello there, I thought it would be a nice idea to start a thread where everyone can post his/her modifications of Master Yoda's Graflex DIY
let met start with a modification I tried during the building process of my kit, but it didn't work because I had the wrong CR123 battery holders.
So here is my CR123 battery mod, this time with the right cell holders and a minimum of modification ;-)
correct CR123 holder:http://www.batteryspace.com/batteryholdercr123abatteryholderwitheasyin-outbatteryinsertionandremoval-rohscompliant.aspx
the only things I had to do, where grind the bottom of the holders to get rid of the plastic pins, cut the contact pins off, insulated the
2 areas of the contact pins between the holders, glued them together, drilled a channel on the bottom side of the holder to connect positive
and negative and drilled another channel on the top for the pos and neg. wires. a little bit of a sanding job and evoila, DIY chassis with
CR123 holder and without length correction of the chassis ;)
hope you like it!
EDIT: I didn't use glue to hold the holder in place, it fits so nicely into the chassis that there is no need for gluing it together! :D