Who is CCS?
My name is Austin, and have been an fan of all things Star Wars and Sci-fi for as long as I can remember. I started building custom LED-sabers back in 2008 due to a need for a durable, yet bright solution to the generic sabers sold at various retail stores.
As I began to build custom sabers, I began to receive requests from family, friends, and eventually various clients from the online forum of FXsabers.com. Though the intent was never to turn custom saber building into a business, the rewards and joy of working with others to fufill their saber dreams led me to officially launch “Calvary Custom sabers” in August of 2011.
Through this name CCS will offer quality services, excellent communication, and customer service like no other. My goal is to build a custom saber designed and built exclusively for you to own, cherish, and treasure for years to come.
Because at Calvary Custom Sabers, you get “More than Just a Saber.”
CCS is proud to offer the following services. CCS reserves the right to change any and all services and prices at any time. If you have any questions about the below offered services, or want to submit a design for a quote, you can PM me OR shoot me an Email to; email@example.com All Emails will be responded to within 2-3 business days.
Upgrades, Repairs, and Installs
Upgrades and Installs are a great way to refresh an existing saber with the newest market electronics, or give life to an empty hilt.
Due to the current state of my shop, all requested installs and upgrades must have extremely limited to no need for hilt modification. Upgrades can include replacements of Soundboards, LEDs, battery packs, etc. Due to the uniqueness of each hilt to upgrade, repair, or install, I charge a $25 an hour shop Rate.
This fee does not include the cost of components or parts needed to modify your hilt. All misc. costs such as wire, solder, tools, etc are included in the Shop Rate.
Also falling into this category are all your various wiring needs. Buy that awesome Crystal Focus but are to afraid to wire it up? Need a LED wired in a certain configuration? I can provide those services for the same shop rate as above. Anything you need wired in regards to your saber I am ready and willing to do. With flexible shipping options, color coded wires, and quick turnaround times we can work together to turn your wiring nightmares into a dream come true. ;)
This common service adds a coloring on your hilt that is much stronger and lasting than a standard paint job. I can remove old Powdercoating as well. PM for exact quotes- prices vary on labor, color, and complexity.
This is a very time intensive and complex method of removing small amounts of material from the hilt to create recessed/etched designs. A $100 Labor fee will apply for this service plus materials. Aluminum etching only at this time.
Gilding (Gold Leaf)
This is something I have experimented with with excellent results. Using imitation or genuine Gold leaf, I can gild certain parts of your hilt for a true gold look. Not as durable as powder coating, but due to the clear finish I apply, it is more durable than paint. $75 Labor fee per sheet of Genuine Gold leaf needed to be used for this service plus materials. $40 Labor fee for imitation Gold Leaf plus materials
If you have a hilt that is in need of an upgrade, repair, install, etching, or Gilding just email me (Austin@calvarycustomsabers.com) and I will let you know whether or not I can help you out. No job is to small to be considered.
7-Segment SMD LED-Bargraphs
LEDbargraphs are becoming a fast standard in and Crystal Focus powered saber. All bar-graphs are hand soldered onto a custom manufactured PCB.
- Dimensions of each PCB is 1.1" in Length and .33" in width. Holes are currently setup for a 6-32 tap.
- Available Colors include: Red, Green, Blue, Amber, Yellow, White, and UV. UV is purple, but not very bright.
- Solid color 7 segment Bargraph is: $15
- Multi Color 7 segment Bargraph is: $20
- Add resistors for CF or battery source: +$5
- Shipping is $3 via first class mail anywhere in the US.
- For more information, check out the main thread: Here
my e-mail is Austin@calvarycustomsabers.com Sending me a PM is also a great way to reach me.
Curious about how I have served other customers in the past? Check out my feedback thread here; Feedback for Sollus Vir
Calvary Custom Sabers is also on YouTube! Check out the Channel for recent Lightsaber builds and customs. Calvary Custom Sabers - YouTube
Below are the Calvary Custom Sabers Terms and conditions. You must agree to and follow these conditions before any work is done on your saber or service. CCS reserves the right to terminate any Saber project or service if Term and conditions are not followed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Terms of Service
- A nonrefundable 50% deposit is required prior to the start of all projects.
- A cost for labor will be added at the end of each Custom LED-Saber Commission. (Based upon the time required to build your LED-Saber)
- A 90 day limited warranty is included with all Saber Builds and services.
- No Saber or Completed service will ship until Payment is made in full by the Client.
- If the client is unable or unwilling to make payment in full upon completion of any service or saber, the service or saber as a whole becomes the sole property of Calvary Custom Sabers.
- All Pictures, video, or any other media taken of your saber or service by Calvary Custom Sabers remains the sole property of Calvary Custom Sabers even after completion of build or Service, unless written permission is given by CCS.Other Possible Fees
- Shipping and Handling: This includes ordered parts, and to your home (if needed) (Insurance will be added to every item shipped unless otherwise specified).
- Late Change: Let’s say you want to change your design in mid construction. No problem! However, you will still have to pay for parts I have already ordered, and I will retain those parts as compensation for the time involved.
- Design Consultation Fee: When inquiring about a specific saber, the initial design and process is free, as it should be. However, any changes of design after paying a 50% deposit are subject to a $50 Design and Consultation Fee. So, every time you submit a new render for consideration after paying the 50% deposit, a $50 fee will be added to your invoice. This will be used at Calvary Custom Sabers’ discretion.
- Concept Change Fee: If you desire to change an existing quoted design after after paying the 50% deposit, a $25 Concept Change Fee per change. This includes LED/Blade color changes, soundboard changes, Crystal Chamber setups, shroud changes, etc). Basically anything which dramatically alters build time an construction. This will be used at Calvary Custom Sabers’ discretion.
Calvary Custom Sabers’ Limited Warranty
Limited Warranty covers defects in workmanship for the Product for a period of 90 days from the original date of Receipt* from Calvary Custom Sabers. It is my utmost intention that you are happy with your custom saber. Please contact me with ANY issues before the end of the 90 day period, I will be more than happy to help you.
***I offer a 90 day warranty repair on my work from the day you receive it. Anything after that is subject to a repair fee***
This limited Warranty does not cover any damage due to
1. Accident, Misuse or Abuse, Negligence, Improper Handling, or modifications of this Product in any way.
2. Improper operation or maintenance of this Product.
3. Attempted repair by any party other than Calvary Custom Sabers. This Limited Warranty does not apply where it is determined by Calvary Custom Sabers that there is no fault with the Product itself.
Repairs not covered by the Limited Warranty may, at Calvary Custom Sabers’ discretion, be carried out at the owner’s expense. You, the customer, are responsible for the cost of returning the Product to and return shipping from Calvary Custom Sabers. Electronics including, soundboards, batteries, and LEDs are not warranted by me.
Warranty is non-transferable.
***I am not responsible in any way for Soundboard failures, blown speakers, or over driven LEDS. ***
***I am not responsible in any way for injuries received while handling, or dueling with the saber. ***
***Neither affiliated nor endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd., FX Sabers, or Ultrasabers LLC. ***