So far so great with my Graflex DIY
kit -- I'm really enjoying it -- fantastic work Master Yoda!
I've just gotten to the electronics section, and I have a few questions to be sure I'm wiring everything up correctly.
I have the following setup:
- CF v5 board (rev 5.3)
- Luxeon V LED
- 2 TrustFire 14500 900mAh 3.7V batteries
- 2W bass speaker (from TCSS)
- Main activation switch (supplied with kit)
- Aux side switch (supplied with kit)
- Flat LED (supplied with kit - sits underneath the Roundel crystal and lights up the Crystal Chamber
- 3mm LED (supplied with kit - illuminates the fiber optic tube)
Please see the attached wiring diagram, and let me know if anything looks wrong or is bad practice (appreciate the help)...
1. In the DIY manual I noticed the General power switch is connected to the negative lead, but in the CF manual it's connected to the positive. What is the best practice? Does it even matter?
2. When using a CF v5, are the DIY kit supplied 1/4 watt, 270 ohm resistors the correct resistors to use for the 3mm and flat LEDs (given where I'm soldering them into the board - see diagram)?
3. Is it common practice to wire the flat LED to the progressive power on port, and the 3mm LED to the general power on port (as seen in the attached diagram)? I know its up to me, but I'm wondering what most saber smiths do.
4. Any known issues with the 2W Bass Speaker. Seems like it will barley fit before bottoming out in the Graflex.
Thanks in advance for any help -- really appreciate it.
all the best