ok it's been awaited for too long. I presented a prototype like 3 years ago (YT video) but I've been just overwhelmed with the new house and luxeon boards, among other things. But of course people kept asking (kindly).
I finished the PCB like 2-3 weeks ago and I'll probably order the prototype this week. It will be a design fork from CFV5 so we keep :
- 2W audio amp
- WAV file and recent audio engine
- fully compatible sound fonts
- all existing config files, some dedicated parameters will be removed since not involving a high power led but a led strip.
- 7 accent LEDs and onboard PLI
- Blasters, lockup, force, force clash everything
- battery depletion drive compensation
- flicker, shimmer yada yada
- multiple sound banks, audio player
no reason it can't drive any sort of led strips.
Once I get the PCB, I'll just need a short time to do minor tweaking to the firmware to accommodate the new architecture / blade topology (it's really easy, when I did that on the proto back in the day, it took me like one day of work to get 90% of the features ported.
Of course, I'll keep you posted about that project. In the mean while, please keep the topic clean. When asking a question about a feature, check first if it's in the CFV5 manual. If it's there, there's a huge chance that it will be in the LS version. That includes a RGB color changing blade if you can build it (or ask makoto). FoC is kind of easy to implement too (and that remains my favorite over color changing).
The board is for now 23.5 (W) x 48.7 (L) mm. Yes it's shorter than a CFV5. The upcoming month is busy at work but I expect to get this started anyway.