fiduciary

Author Topic: Santa Cruz Jedi Academy  (Read 8934 times)

Offline MasterScott831

• Formerly known as Darthlacess831
  • Force User
  • Grand Master of the Santa Cruz Jedi Academy
    • Santa Cruz Jedi Academy
Re: Santa Cruz Jedi Academy
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010, 06:09:49 PM »
It isn't really relevant anymore. In the video, it mostly talks about the first meet up (yesterday), so I removed the link. But if you still wanna see it:
There you go.  :)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes" is a statement that deals in absolutes.

Visit our saber group's homepage! The link is on my profile under website. :)

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2010, 06:10:27 PM »
Cool dude, glad to see you have a good first meetup.  :D

What did y'all work on?

Offline MasterScott831

• Force User
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2010, 06:18:57 PM »
Cool dude, glad to see you have a good first meetup.  :D

What did y'all work on?

We did orientation, introductions, some stage combat, some full contact combat, took photos and ended with knighting three of the members. It was really fun! I loved how we all got along almost immediately and meshed pretty well. We had some people show up around 7:40pm, so we extended the meet up for almost another hour. We are all looking forward to the next meet up in two weeks.

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot. New video coming soon!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 06:38:38 PM by DarthLacess831 »

Offline KettTares

• Force User
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2010, 09:27:03 PM »
Greetings Darth! I was the fella with the Green lightsaber that showed up a little later ^\^ I had a few ideas i wanted to sling your way. I recall in your pre-meetup video you mentioned that PVC pipe wrapped with blue painters tape is a viable solution for those without the money to get Ultra or FX sabers.  I have another idea that may prove to be less damaging against our sabers: we should pool some money together and by 3-5 grab bag sabers with blades from ultrasabers.com so those who can't afford one can use the loaners. If we need to appoint a treasurer to handle the money i would gladly accept the responsibility ^\^ That's all for now, and I'm happy to see an Academy starting in Santa Cruz!

-Kett
[img width= height=]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z297/Brookin__/CD-LukeV2Club.jpg[/img]
AFBB Obi-Wan Saber by LDM
Brass Saber 27 (BS-27) by Qui-Gon Jinn
Havoc Stunt OSPP by Vader's Vault
Ascend Stunt Ice Blue by Madcow

Offline KettTares

• Force User
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2010, 09:51:33 PM »
I'd also like to send a shoutout to Caine and Novastar for showing interest in our Academy, you guys are legends! ^\^
[img width= height=]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z297/Brookin__/CD-LukeV2Club.jpg[/img]

Offline MasterScott831

• Force User
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2010, 12:14:13 AM »
Greetings Darth! I was the fella with the Green lightsaber that showed up a little later ^\^ I had a few ideas i wanted to sling your way. I recall in your pre-meetup video you mentioned that PVC pipe wrapped with blue painters tape is a viable solution for those without the money to get Ultra or FX sabers.  I have another idea that may prove to be less damaging against our sabers: we should pool some money together and by 3-5 grab bag sabers with blades from ultrasabers.com so those who can't afford one can use the loaners. If we need to appoint a treasurer to handle the money i would gladly accept the responsibility ^\^ That's all for now, and I'm happy to see an Academy starting in Santa Cruz!

-Kett

Ah yes, hi Brooke! We hope to work with Ultrasabers in some fashion that could help the academy, possibly in the instance that you mentioned. As for a treasurer, we would need to appoint a senior member to manage such a responsibility. But because you were the first to bring this up, we might just consider appointing you as treasurer. But you'd have to become either a Jedi Master or Sith Lord first. If you spend enough time to earn either of those ranks, that will tell us that you are a serious member that we can trust with such an important task. Good to have you with us on board. I have a feeling that your enthusiasm will greatly benefit the academy. :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 01:14:43 AM by DarthLacess831 »

Offline KettTares

• Force User
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2010, 01:26:45 PM »
Ah yes, hi Brooke! We hope to work with Ultrasabers in some fashion that could help the academy, possibly in the instance that you mentioned. As for a treasurer, we would need to appoint a senior member to manage such a responsibility. But because you were the first to bring this up, we might just consider appointing you as treasurer. But you'd have to become either a Jedi Master or Sith Lord first. If you spend enough time to earn either of those ranks, that will tell us that you are a serious member that we can trust with such an important task. Good to have you with us on board. I have a feeling that your enthusiasm will greatly benefit the academy. :)

Hehe I have a feeling I would have been up there getting knighted if I had been able to come for the whole thing ^\^; Many of my friends comment on how good I am managing my funds and making payments on time so it would be no problem to take on such a task when I am deemed worthy :)

Offline MasterScott831

• Force User
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2010, 07:58:24 PM »
Hehe I have a feeling I would have been up there getting knighted if I had been able to come for the whole thing ^\^; Many of my friends comment on how good I am managing my funds and making payments on time so it would be no problem to take on such a task when I am deemed worthy :)

Don't worry, I have faith that you'll be a great Jedi Knight in no time. :)

Thank you for volunteering to be treasurer. Only time will tell at this point though.

Offline Mikkyo of the Sith

• Experienced Force User
  • Peace is a lie. . .
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2010, 02:48:29 AM »
If anybody is willing to replace the battery pack on my grab bag with the spare pack I already have, the Academy can have it. I just don't have a soldering iron anymore. It's been through a bit of abuse, but it's still intact. I'm just not a big fan of blue sabers.

Offline MasterScott831

• Force User
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2010, 10:41:01 AM »
If anybody is willing to replace the battery pack on my grab bag with the spare pack I already have, the Academy can have it. I just don't have a soldering iron anymore. It's been through a bit of abuse, but it's still intact. I'm just not a big fan of blue sabers.

I have a soldering iron. I'll take on that task.

Offline Mikkyo of the Sith

• Experienced Force User
  • Peace is a lie. . .
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2010, 10:42:26 PM »

Then expect me and the "Loner" on Sat.

Offline MasterScott831

• Force User
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2010, 11:31:35 PM »

Then expect me and the "Loner" on Sat.

Will do. Good looking out, Kenji.  ;D

Offline MasterScott831

• Force User
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2010, 04:49:38 AM »
Just bumping the thread.

For those who would like to know, we are holding our fourth meet up this Saturday. Details are on the first post.

retrousse