I have recently decided to redo my first MHS
hilt again. This is the last change though because I am going to put it up for sale (on eBay...still don't have enough posts here because I don't like to PW) after my buck puck comes in.
sound is provided by a 616 board and the LED power will be provided by a 1000ma buck puck. I have a choice of 3 LEDs I need to chose from before putting up for sale (or may offer the winner the choice). I have a lux III cyan, P4
blue and a lux III red. The red though a little under powered with the 1000ma buck puck fits the saber better I think. Speaker is a TCSS
premium with the 4aaa battery holder/speaker mount combo.
I polished it to a nice shine and everything that is black is powder coated (except the plastic on/off button) by me.
Only one pic now...will post more later:
now let me take you back to the different looks I had for it.
First I painted the grooves only but didn't like how that looked (sorry no pic)
Next I painted everything but the pommel, grooves and choke
I still wasn't satisfied with the look and really wanted to do something different with the grips so I put some welding studs (from my stud welder kit) in the grooves and put heat shrink over it.
I was never fully satisfied with it either so I stripped the heatshrink off and media blasted then powder coated it.
I liked the look but the media blasted was hard to keep clean and looked bad when it was dirty. And since I am going to sell it I decided to strip it down, sand it and polish (see first pic).
A whole lot of planning could have saved me all these steps but I had in my mind what I wanted but none of the looks panned out with the grooves in the grip until my last couple of versions. Of course I don't count it as loss because it was fun doing each one.
It was my first and I jumped in without as much planning as I usually do. I have done much better since then with the planning phase.