so, in the right order (I hope so) :
- LS : the recharge port can be (well, has to be) wired as a kill switch like in my tutorial, I'll exchange with do-clo about that if he does know what I'm taling about. The board is always eating a tiny bit of current and it you put it on the shelf for a month, battery will be emptied. In the recharge port, you have a little reed that is connected to the ground pin of the battery. It cuts the contact with the battery when you insert a male plug, ie when you insert the charger plug, the electronic is disconnected and protected during the charge, and if you insert a "fake" make plug, that I call in french a "safety key", kill plug in english, it cuts the power.
When you insert a real male plug and put a voltmeter to the soldering pins, you measure the battery voltage while the board is disconnected. Wiring then the PLI here turn the thing into a portable minibargraph voltmeter. I've setup the PLI the usual way, since mine is configurable to monitor any voltage range between 9 and 3.3V. For the 2 li ion cells, it goes from 8.4V (batt fully charged) to about 5.5 v when the internal PCB of the batt pack is about to cut.
- buttons : I buy them. No real secret, reset button for PDA, ultra flat, smd, waterproof
- telum it has nothing to see with the sith saber I made for kit fisto. Telum Infensus is the saber I made specially for celebration europe in last july, and it's the saber I now carry with me, you can see it in my gallery.
- you're right fulcrum is a saber made by MadCow, a great sabersmith !!! and some inspiration for me sometimes !!!
- telum infensus is latin (even it's "greek to you" ;D) . Telum = thin weapon like a javelin or a spear but also mean beam of light, generic term for "weapon of light", infensus means ready to strike, or "dangerous", by analogy.