fiduciary

Author Topic: Build Log - Korbanth/89 Fallen v2  (Read 37 times)

Machinimax and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online Machinimax

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
Build Log - Korbanth/89 Fallen v2
« on: August 02, 2020, 07:07:17 AM »
Hello wonderful people of the forum!

I feel it has been way too long since I did a proper build log. So I simply told myself, let's do it! For this adventure, I'm going to be working on the Cal Kestis Fallen v2 hilt from Korbanth and 89 Sabers. Here she is out of the box and disassembled.

This should be a nice straightforward install. I'm going to design a custom chassis and load it up with a CFX but no neopixel. Sorry folks! Love me some neo but I'm still a luxeon guy!  :grin: That being said, I started off with the LED module. I'm using a simple 1" heatsink from TCSS but I had a small problem right off the bat...

It doesn't leave me with a lot of depth for the blade. Thinking of ways to rectify that, I though I might have to go the route of a custom machined heatsink. However I decided to give modification a try first. After some time on the belt sander and a burned finger or two later, the difference was night and day. It was a matter of shaving down both the aluminum casing and the copper heatsink itself.

This is more like it! A couple of set screws and that sucker will be solid!

There are definitely a few other mods I would like to make both functional and aesthetic. I will try to detail those as the build progresses. A solid start to what I feel is going to be a fun and exciting build. Stay tuned!

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world!

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker