fiduciary

Author Topic: Saber Tech Shop (November Update)  (Read 3824 times)

Offline Eandori

• No Force
Saber Tech Shop (November Update)
« on: November 06, 2009, 04:04:52 PM »
Hello there Saber smiths!

I just wanted to give a status report for those of you who have been asking when Saber Tech Shop will be ready to repair those Ultrasound boards.

The simple story is that I've been ready to add the Ultrasound boards to my repair service for nearly a month now.  I got Plecter Labs Crystal Focus repairs all up and running about a month ago and I've been trying to get in contact with Alex of Ultrasabers to finish off all the details.  I met Alex in person this last summer and we chatted about doing this service (before I had even begun setting it up with CF first.)  Alex was and I believe still is very into the idea. 

I need to contact Alex so I can get a basic schematic of the US boards, and set up a supply of replacement parts for the boards.  I have both of those for CF and it's needed at times to debug and to replace fried chips.  Until I get those, I have the tools, but not no parts in case somebody fried something.  I CAN provide work-arounds for damaged PCB traces, solder blobs on chip pins, and other small issues.  But until I have parts and a ROM file to burn the firmware into the PIC microcontroller, there's only so much I can do.  I can however do saber installs or build jobs with already working boards and all needed parts for your sabers.  I even have videos posted on the http://www.sabertechshop.com website where you can see some work I did already for customers.

In case you are wondering what kind of traffic I have seen since opening this small business in the last nearly 2 months... I've fixed/updated 12 CF boards, done a full install on a TCSS saber hilt with US 2.5 board for a customer, soldered a CF completely from scratch (bare PCB), and sold a completed CF based saber on my website.  I have more boards on their way to me now for repair and other saber build requests in the que.

I spoke with Yoda of FX-Sabers (this website) on the phone and he's going to add a whole section of the website just for Saber Tech Shop very soon.  So I can provide info there.

Another side note, I created this business because I didn't want to COMPETE with anybody out there, I wanted to be a positive influence that compliments this hobby we already have.  That's one reason I'm working to eventually repair all boards from all builders who will work with me.  Erv' was the first awesome dude to work with me to get this set up, and I hope to keep extending my coverage to other technologies in the near future.  A huge goal I have for myself with Saber Tech Shop is to do business with unquestioned integrity and respect.  I want the community to KNOW I'm trustworthy and that my feedback/info is high quality and legit.

On a professional/career note, the Motherboard I worked so hard to create in the last year (I am the Lead BIOS developer for Intel on this board) has gotten FANTASTIC reviews and has even been awarded many honors.  It was called "Kingsberg" internally and DP55KG externally.  Actually, it's one common BIOS on 3 boards (DP55KG, DP55SB and DP55WG) but Kingsberg was the master board so it gets all the press.  Here's a few reviews of my main career work.

Benchmark Reviews.com
Hi Tech Legion
Motherboards.org

Thanks for all of your support, I'll post more updates as they come in.  Back to work for me!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 08:21:05 AM by Eandori »
Edwin Tracy (Eandori)

- Official Plecter Labs USA station for repairs and firmware upgrades, Ultrasound soon!
- Occasional completed Lightsabers for sale there!

Offline Goodman

• Master Force User
Re: Saber Tech Shop (November Update)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 06:54:20 PM »
I've got a couple things for you, friend :)

Great idea, I foresee this developing into a major asset to our saber community!
**I AM RETIRED from saber commission building**

Offline Big Boss

• Formerly known as phophjoph
  • Master Force User
  • there is only room for one Snake and one Big Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 07:08:46 PM »
wicked! this forum keeps getting better and better :)

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."-The Boss

"Be like a duck. Calm on the surface, but always paddling like the dickens underneath"-Michael Caine

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 08:25:51 PM »
Congratulations on your motherboard success and best wishes for just as much success with Saber Tech Shop...I foresee great things coming... ;)
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Eandori

• No Force
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 10:59:02 PM »
Thanks, I'm really proud of that Motherboard.  A LOT of late nights (at work until 1am or even 4am!!) went into it.  At this moment the board is launched and I'm doing the sustaining BIOS on it while getting ready for my next tasks.  BIOS Engineer by day, Saber Smith by night!
Edwin Tracy (Eandori)

- Official Plecter Labs USA station for repairs and firmware upgrades, Ultrasound soon!
- Occasional completed Lightsabers for sale there!

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 11:09:30 PM »
Well, congrats on everything accomplished thus far...I look forward to your upcoming projects, man!

retrousse