fiduciary

Author Topic: What did you think of the new Solo movie? (Spoilers possible in comments)  (Read 4297 times)

Offline I am a Skywalker

• Padawan Learner
  • I couldn't find a speeder that I really liked
Hi guys,
Just been to watch the Solo movie today and wondered, if anyone has seen it, what your thoughts were on it?
Personally I really liked it and thought it was quite a fun and interesting story.
Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section as well!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 01:38:50 PM by I am a Skywalker »

Offline Kanjiklub

• Force User
  • Those Little Freaks
Fun. I think people that did not like  TLJ will like this a lot more.

Offline I am a Skywalker

• Padawan Learner
Yeah I think it's generally a more upbeat movie, but then it is Han Solo, not really the serious type :laugh:

Offline NinjaPirateAssassin

• No Force
  • >_>
There was nothing exceptional about the movie, but at the same time, there was nothing terrible about the movie.

It was a fun, good but not great movie.

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
Fun. I think people that did not like  TLJ will like this a lot more.
I am in this camp.

Offline Yaraell_Ren

• Force User
  • Listen Yaddle, I'm gonna need to borrow your car!
Not sure what to think of this movie...
Technically, the movie was fantastic.
But, in terms of script, the character arc/development could have been more satisfactory IMO.

Offline Morannon

• Force User
  • “Luminous beings are we…not this crude matter.”
It was good. There were a lot of important Star Wars "Moments", and the cast was pretty solid. It wasn't my favourite of the Disney era, but I think it'll get better with more viewings.

Rebellion Run Jacen Solo
GCS Ascend

Offline Jediseth

• Force User
  • Jediseth sound fonts available at saberfont.com
I loved the movie. I think it was strange seeing a dead Sith that got cut in half at the end, but it was a fun movie. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
 I’m pretty disappointed on how well the movie is doing.  It deserves better attention. TLJ and Disney’s discussion to put in charge the wrong people has me very disappointed.  The damage is done I’m afraid.

Offline I am a Skywalker

• Padawan Learner
Yeah, I think Disney has done pretty well with carrying on the star wars movies and they haven't altered it so that it appears different to the layout of the originals. I wasn't a huge fan of TFA but I've enjoyed the rest so far.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 04:30:52 AM by I am a Skywalker »

Offline KingOfDathomir

• Master Force User
  • Call me... Old Master
In a time when the episodic films are hit-and-miss, the spinoff films have yet to let me down!! Loved the Kessel Run, the summa-verminoth scene was a huge highlight as well, and seeing Maul return to the big screen, even if just as a tease, was great! Enjoyed Solo far more than I thought considering no one asked for this film.

Korbanth Sid
Korbanth MW3
Korbanth DM1 v2014
RomanProps Inception Elite
MR 2005 Anakin ROTS LE
Korbanth Duke
HFFX ANH Darth Vader
SF Luke ROTJ Hero
Korbanth Crossguard
Korbanth Graflex v2.0 (Finn-flex)
AHS w/ Crystal Shard v1
Pachstore Shadowblade (SWR Darksaber)
VyleOne TCW Asajj Ventress (3-D printed, 1:1)
VyleOne TCW Pre-Viszla Darksaber (3-D printed, 1:1)
KR Sabers Kenobi ROTS

Offline Darth Slater

• No Force
  • Once more ... the Sith will ... ah, nevermind
This is one of the those films that is aging well for me. I didn't love it or hate it when I first saw it, though I went into it wondering why it was even made (I know why - $$$). I feel like Han Solo is one of those characters that doesn't really need a backstory to figure out why he is the way he is. But alas, we got that story anyway because it was a marketable name.

But after watching it a second time (and now third time), there's some really good moments in this and some great sequences. Some of it was a little much for me (how Han got his last name ... really??), but it's a fun movie and one that was the victim of TLJ backlash and behind-the-scenes turmoil.

The spinoff stories have turned out pretty good thus far, but both are stories that I don't think had much to add to the canon in between the main stories. I really REALLY wish they would have started the spinoffs with the story from the first Force Unleashed. I love Starkiller and his story in the first game. That one, I think, would translate well on the screen. Maybe we'll get it one day ... fingers crossed.

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
A year removed I kind of feel about it the same way I feel about most summer action flicks, it was fun and forgettable. The main difference is that it carries some baggage with it.  It's been on Netflix for a while and I haven't felt compelled to watch it.  Maybe I'll fire it up this weekend while I'm getting some laundry done and my mind will be changed.

retrousse