fiduciary

Author Topic: RGB Switch on Prizm Board?  (Read 1079 times)

Offline SaberSlucker

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
RGB Switch on Prizm Board?
« on: November 14, 2018, 06:12:56 AM »
Hi,
could someone tell me if it is possible to drive one or two av rgb switches with the Prizm 5.5?
I can't see on TCSS if their switches have 6 pins where every color pin is wired seperately or if there is a datapad like on the stripes.

Thanks!

Offline cvsickle

• Force User
  • Avid Saber Enthusiast and Build Attempter
Re: RGB Switch on Prizm Board?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 07:18:44 AM »
The TCSS AV RGB switches are NOT what you think. They only have one pin. The color cycles from red to green to blue while power is applied to the pin.

It's not addressable like the ones that Vader's Vault has.

Offline SaberSlucker

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 08:06:06 AM »
Thanks for the info of TCSS switches. This would be totally wrong then.  :cheesy:

Actually I have the ones from vaders vault lying on my desk. Are they applicable to the Prizm board? If yes, how do I have to connect them to the board?

Offline cvsickle

• Force User
  • Avid Saber Enthusiast and Build Attempter
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 08:32:48 AM »
Well, that switch is common cathode (negative), so you won't be able to have it wired in parallel your blade. The Prizm would require you to have a common anode (positive) led if you wanted to wire it in parallel with you main blade LED.

Check the manual though, because I think it has a diagram for wiring a common cathode led from the PWM signals so you can have a blade matching LED, so that may work for you.

Your other option is to just wire the R, G, and B to three of the accent pads and use those. The color of the switch would then be determined by your accent led definition in those files.

You'll only want to wire one switch to the accent pads though. Those accent pads only put out like 18ma or so, and you'll probably want to use all of that for just one switch.

retrousse