fiduciary

Author Topic: Need help with graflex 2.0 and master chassis  (Read 1565 times)

Offline Narcisith

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Need help with graflex 2.0 and master chassis
« on: May 14, 2019, 10:27:49 AM »
Hey guys,

So I've put it off long enough and getting back to my build.  I have a graflex 2.0 that I'm building with a Goth 3Designs Master Chassis.  I'm having a heck of a time feeding all of my wiring through the "shell part 1" piece.  I have 12 wires in 30 awg (6 main LED, 2 battery, 2 switch, 2 speaker) that I have to feed through  the part and I just can't seem to get them all through.  They are silicone insulated and don't hold a twist even after heating but I'm not sure it would help much anyway. Are there any tips or secrets to doing this?  I've already drilled out the piece as much as I feel comfortable without actually busting through it.  It was printed in matte bronze steel so I don't know if I screwed myself and just won't be able to use it.  Anyone who can offer some advice I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks! 

Offline wargod

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Need help with graflex 2.0 and master chassis
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 03:28:50 PM »
This is literally my first few days looking into building a custom saber so I'm not sure why the traffic on this site is so bad that you haven't gotten an answer to your question.

I literally know almost nothing about building a saber but I learn fast. Based on your setup, I would contact whoever wrote this tutorial here:

DIY - GRAFLEX Vintage / Replica - MENTOR Var1 | GOTH-3Designs

Offline SUPREME LEADER SNOKE

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 04:02:26 PM »
Not all wire is alike. Some will have thicker insulation than others. Silicone wire is terrible for saber work.

I have not used Goth stuff, but I would recommend PTFE wire. It's thin and strong. 30 awg is ok for speaker, switches and serial comms, but power and led lines should be 28 or more.

Take that ridiculous thing off.

Offline wargod

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 06:53:27 PM »
What about 24 AWG Mil-Spec Wire (PTFE) Stranded Silver Plated Copper?  Is that good enough?

retrousse