fiduciary

Author Topic: NanoBiscotte v4 RGB Issue (power extender or wiring?)  (Read 896 times)

Offline SchaF

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
NanoBiscotte v4 RGB Issue (power extender or wiring?)
« on: June 26, 2020, 10:33:28 AM »
I have an NBv4 RGB wired up and everything is working properly except the blue LED during normal running; it is firing off during FoC events though. Below is a current wiring picture (please don't judge my soldering to much, this it my first time soldering) along with a wiring diagram. As you can see, I have the blue wire coming from the L3 pad over the top and soldered to the "R" for the power extender, then a negative wire (White) to the negative pad (joining with a switch and recharge port negative), followed finally by a negative wire (Blue) coming from the blue LED negative. Also, as you can see from the wiring diagram and pictures, the white/blue lines from the chassis on pads 2 and 5 respectively, are the 2 lines from the joined switches.
The saber itself will activate, swing, FoC, etc, the only issue is during normal operation the blue LED isnt lit; FoC it will light.

Wiring:

Diagram:

Notes: Since the board is upside down, Ill list whats on each pad
Pad 1 (+): Recharge port positive, single positive line to R,G,B LEDs
Pad 2 (-): Line (-) from 2 switches (joined together), Negative from recharge port, Negative from power extender
Pad 3 (L1): Negative from red LED
Pad 4 (L2): Negative from green LED
Pad 5: (Activation): Line (+) from 2 switches
Pad 6 (Speaker): Speaker line 1
Pad 7 (Speaker): Speaker line 2
Underside (L3): Wire to power extender "R"
Power Extender (bottom -): Negative from blue LED

Did I mess something up or miss something? The fact its mostly operating normally, especially during FoC makes me think it's a wiring issue with the power extender, but everything seems right.

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Re: NanoBiscotte v4 RGB Issue (power extender or wiring?)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 11:00:29 AM »
your color configuration is probably not set correctly, adjust the drive of your color config for FoC and blade, to reflect your wiring

Offline SchaF

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 11:18:28 AM »
Actually, youre right, what an oversight by me. I forgot my first sound bank was lime green (below), while 2 was ice blue and 3 was purple. Once I swapped to those 2, it was running as expected. Thanks for the reply, all seems well now.

//Nano Biscotte 4.0
drive=340,1023,0
fdrive=1023,1023,1023
focmix=001
resume=0
shmrd=210
shmrp=6
shmrr=13
shmr%=0,50
focd=200
focp=10
focr=10
foc%=0,80
qon=0
qoff=0
flks=3
flkd=20
pulsed=0
pulsel=0
lsfadeon=0
lsfadeoff=0
lightstick=0
omnisabers=0

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 11:19:27 PM »
excellent news and glad it worked !

Offline SchaF

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 12:38:36 AM »
Side note, is there a way to test the current battery voltage through the recharge port? How can you tell when its time to recharge it (besides it dying)?

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 02:37:51 AM »
by inserting a male DC jack in the recharge port, you reach the battery. You can measure the voltage there with a voltmeter, or build a PLI unit. For this, you'll find some cheap voltmeter (LED, OLED display) modules that can be your portable voltmeter (cell discharged is below 3.5V usually). I think the custom saber shop might have a LED PLI as well giving a cell gauge out of 7 or 10 led segments

retrousse