fiduciary

Author Topic: Awesome Darth Maul Double Bladed FX Review  (Read 9134 times)

Offline Shadowlynx

• Master Force User
  • Darkness has Fallen
Awesome Darth Maul Double Bladed FX Review
« on: May 20, 2006, 10:24:51 PM »
I was amazed on how many Darth Maul FX reviews they are on here. I guess there are more FX fans out there in this world than I thought. Well when I first saw the demo version of the Darth Maul last year on force fx I didn't have any interest in getting. I just didn't like the fact that the Maul could not be used for anything except for displaying it. So as time few by and months have past last year I being seeing some more hipe on what the Maul has to offer and it's qualities on this site. As soon as they came out in feb I haven't seen anything about the Maul except for rumors so I just ignored the Maul until May. When I came back to this site after leaving I saw so many reviews on the maul and how awesome the saber is in general. When I came apon this one review where they said about " Dreaming of the Darth Maul day by day ". I just said to myself why not but wasn't sure what to get excaulty. I asked around this site asking many if I should get a Darth maul ultrasaber or the Orginial double bladed. Within a view days of deciding I wanted to save some money for mothers day and got a orginial Offline out here where I live they don't have borders and none of the game stores really carry FX lightsabers. I waited day by day and finally it came in 4 days ago. I just was amazed on how the box looked :

Like everyone else here I couldn't wait to take it out of the box and had my camera ready. I had to order with it a vertial wall stand since my room is very small. If you don't have much space like I do get a vertial wall it's a life saver.

The Darth Maul Double Bladed comes as two battle damaged blades in the box with the coupler. and being amazed on rather you can use it as a two single blades and duel or combine and use for double blade action.

The Goods:

I really like how MR manage to use AAA batteries instead of the AA's. The Battery holder is much smaller and provides lighter weight so The Maul doesn't weigh too much when put together. Also the Blades are a bit more thicker, The Reason, when swinging it around it reduces wobbliness makes the Maul more firm. The on and off switch is different from the other MR FX's. There are two reb nobs on both sabers and the top one turns. I personally like it because when your swinging the saber around I hate it when you hit the switch by mistake and ruin your good twirling.

The Bads:

With all of gets unique features of it's own I personally think the saber weighs around when you combine it into one Double Blade and lets not forget the thicker blades. I am a strong guy so it's not a problem but a close to 10 lbs saber for others out there it's tough just spinning it with two hands let alone one. Also I was dissapointed with the sounds. They just reused the Darth Vader ESB sounds except it has a lower pitch. Also the AAA batteries are cool except I think it takes away from the brightness of the saber and it's sounds qualities not to mention you can burn AAA's faster.

IN THE END:

With all of this put together I think the darth maul is a must rather the battle damage or double bladed version. It's a FX collectible, and this looks pretty darn close to the one Darth Maul used himself when battling the Legendary Jedi's in TPM. And if you think that it's impossible to wield this monster saber just check out my two video's of me demostrating what the Darth maul can do. What side are you on?

http://media.putfile.com/Darth-Maul-Double-Bladed-FX-Spinning-1

http://media.putfile.com/Darth-Maul-Double-Bladed-FX-Spinning-Day-2

Offline Scarey

• Experienced Force User
  • -Fastest Guy With An Anakin Here-
    • Quad Squad Productions
Re: Awesome Darth Maul Double Bladed FX Review
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 10:31:11 PM »
I might have a spinning compeditor.. no one can match my speed with my anakin though
"You were the chosen one! It was said that you were to destroy the Sith not join them! Bring balance to the force; not to leave it in darkness!"

Offline Shadowlynx

• Master Force User
  • Darkness has Fallen
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 10:34:19 PM »
lol was it you that made a video on force-fx.com of your super fast anakin spins. That was sick, I have to admit I'm not that great with the sword but the bo staff I can do anything with. I also know that the Anakin ROTS is much lighter so it's easier to use for speed. You have to consider the Darth Maul Weighs about 8 to 10 lbs so it's much heavier.  I'm glad you enjoyied my review.  :)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 08:54:32 AM by Artificallly_LinkX »

Offline Hang Tuah Kenobi

• Experienced Force User
  • play nice with me
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 10:43:35 PM »
Nice review n nice pics.. u made the right and wise desicion = a Maul double for you and a gift of love for your mother on mothers day!
Thumbs up!!

Offline Scarey

• Experienced Force User
  • -Fastest Guy With An Anakin Here-
    • Quad Squad Productions
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 08:15:09 PM »
Yah I cant wait till I get my hands on the Obi Wan
"You were the chosen one! It was said that you were to destroy the Sith not join them! Bring balance to the force; not to leave it in darkness!"

Offline DarthArn

• Master Force User
  • They'll do their job. I guarantee that...
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 06:38:47 AM »
Nice review.

- Custom Saber Shop Luxeon
-UltraFX Luxeon

Offline Lord Clueless

• Force User
  • Saber Lord
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 05:57:25 PM »
i envy you soooooooo much-i will be getting my maul in about a month!

retrousse