fiduciary

Author Topic: 51TH Commando V2 "Infiltrator"  (Read 3220 times)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
51TH Commando V2 "Infiltrator"
« on: August 28, 2011, 11:09:11 PM »
51TH Commando V2 "Infiltrator"

What?  You all thought I was done for a while?  You obviously have short memories of who you are talkin about ;)  This is another saber that was a while in the making.  Just has to "feel it".  It is the V2 of the Sith Commando saber that I made a few years ago (and just recently upgraded).  Did some quirky stuff on this one...like custom machining the whole thing and having no visible switches.  It is the "tool" of a Sith who would be on a covert mission or something like that, lol.  Madcow's Revenge font just topped her off for me.  Hope everyone enjoys.

Particulars:

Custom Machined hilt by LDM
PCv1.5 w/Madcow's "Revenge"
P4 Red
Matte black Powder
Red Crystal Pommel
HO Speaker
Custom Kobold D-Ring
Pressure plate Activation & Aux.
3.7V 2600 mAh Li-ion
Custom box and card
Hilt design collaboration between LDM and HarkMammil

The BMT:

The Glams:

Link to Build Album: http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/ll317/drdicarlo/Sith%20Commando%20Series%20%20CC4%20on/51TH%20Commando%20V2%20Infiltrator/

Offline Dark Underlord

• Formerly known as bk_renesis
  • Force User
  • The Darkness is calling me...
Re: 51TH Commando V2 "Infiltrator"
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 11:22:56 PM »
Very nice... I mean... Most impressive... Hey GG wouldn't expect anything less than an avalanche of saber reveals from a cyborg with four arms!!! Shroud and box are awesome.

"The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Offline Vincent

• Experienced Force User
  • Unorthodox swordsman
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 11:44:31 PM »
I'm normaly not a big fan of most darkside sabers but this is saber is great, it made me reinstall Oblivion to play the Dark Brotherhood story again^^

Offline daddy solo

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 01:24:38 AM »
All I can hear right now when I look at these pics, is my 4 yr old saying in his whiniest voice - "but I waaaaaant it". I love the esthetics of the hilt

Offline vvenom

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 01:38:05 AM »

Im a huge fan of this really like the darkside sabers and this one is great..

Offline Protosaber

• Force User
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 02:57:26 AM »
I love the subtle floating shroud.  And the control box over the central band has shades of a graflex/obi wan style box. With the black finish, the sleek lines,and lack of visible controls, this saber is all business. Not evil, so much as ruthless. Well done.
For my ally is the Force. And a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us… and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter! You must feel the Force around you. Here, between you, me, the tree, the rock… everywhere!

Offline GreyJedi

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 04:32:31 AM »
Love the flat black and that emitter! This saber has so many subtle details. The only thing I am kinda on the fence about is the green circuit board. Doesn't seem to flow with the rest. Otherwise love it

Offline MACE WINDU

• Formerly known as Nightstorm
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Do you have a problem with purple?
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 05:42:23 AM »
Very nice hilt.  :)  Love that font on there too.  Perfect combo.

Offline DarthCaedus

• Formerly known as initiatedark
  • Experienced Force User
  • those darn walking carpets....
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 06:49:38 AM »
amazing work, as always! :D

Hang on to your hate. It will help you endure. I couldn't hate, and it nearly destroyed me

Offline Darthvix

• Master Force User
    • Darthvix Custom Sabers
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 07:46:05 AM »
Nice dark jedi hilt :)
Best,
Terry

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2011, 09:50:57 AM »
Tactical, straight forward, military issue , down to business looking, like a Jedi killing weapon should look! Very nice, GG!  Will this bad boy be going up for sale, hint, hint?

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 10:19:44 AM »
Tactical, straight forward, military issue , down to business looking, like a Jedi killing weapon should look! Very nice, GG!  Will this bad boy be going up for sale, hint, hint?

Thanks Bro, I have responded to that PM  ;)  You gotta be fast with Nightstorm around, lol.

Love the flat black and that emitter! This saber has so many subtle details. The only thing I am kinda on the fence about is the green circuit board. Doesn't seem to flow with the rest. Otherwise love it

I knew that would be the lightening rod on this particular build, but the more I thought about what this saber is supposed ot represent, the more I decided that it belonged there.  It is a tool and tools have components bred for efficacy/expediency rather than esthetics.  A bare PCB look fits, at least when I think about it as a "standard issue tool" more than something decorative would have.  Also kinda wanted to break up the black a bit, lol.  Thanks for the complements as well.  Actually I a m surprised that you were the first to comment on it.  BTW, absolutely no offense taken (I just thought it best to say "why" I did it that way ;))

I love the subtle floating shroud.  And the control box over the central band has shades of a graflex/obi wan style box. With the black finish, the sleek lines,and lack of visible controls, this saber is all business. Not evil, so much as ruthless. Well done.

The floating shroud was a must on this build.  It is a signature feature of all sabers that I design in collaboration with HarkMammil.  It is our "thing" when we design and sketch together.  The whole idea started with Empirical.  Glad you like it and thank you for the wonderful comments. :D

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 11:05:05 AM »
LOL, Thanks Marc. I also sent you a PM. I know, Nightstorm is fast, I did'nt want to think too long about this one!

Offline vulcan fox

• Master Force User
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2011, 03:00:56 PM »
fantastic saber, the colour scheme is brilliant with just enough shiny metal to balance the design and that emitter is really great.

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2011, 08:59:22 PM »
fantastic saber, the colour scheme is brilliant with just enough shiny metal to balance the design and that emitter is really great.

Yeah, hte first version wasn't nearly as "black" but I rethought the scheme and decided on it as you see it now.  It was a good decision I think. :D

retrousse