fiduciary

Author Topic: The Dara, a NEW saber for Ramaditya, complete, 5/31/09  (Read 18787 times)

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
The Dara, a NEW saber for Ramaditya, complete, 5/31/09
« on: April 24, 2009, 06:08:02 PM »
This is a VERY long winded topic, ..sorry, but a lot needs to be said. ;D ;D

This is  saber build log for Ramaditya's Latest saber, the Dara.

He approached me several months ago for a new build, ...one with many features. I knew that this project would most likely benefit from a slew of other talented saber smiths and machinists.

So I began contacting a few forum members:

FenderBender and Allaera Secura:
Ramaditya requested a crystal chamber in his hilt, ......hmmmmmm this seemed like an obvious choice  ;) . I contacted Allaerra, discussed a few options and about 2-3 weeks, a really cool MHS Based crystal Chamber arrived at my door. What more could a person as for!

Master Jedye:
MJ and I hadn't Officially formed Gemini Concepts at the start of this build, ...but he was the obvious choice to make a shroud. His dremel-fu is Sttttrrrroooooooonnnnggg.

Ramaditya didn't have a design, ......he had a "vision" of what the saber should represent for him, ......so I talked it over with MJ and several days later, he submitted a render. From there, ....it was Dremel Time.
He really let is artistic side flow on this one, .....I like it a lot! Kudos Bro!
He even Powder coated it with a clear coat to ensure it will not tarnish.  Awesome job on this!

Makototsai:
Mako's 2n1 soundboard drives this whole thing, ....and he is a remarkable person! I sent him a PM, ....told him what I needed and he shipped this out as soon as he finished making it. Shipping time was oddly only a few days from Taiwan.  :o :o :o
Now, I couldn't use the speaker that came with it, and I have placed a smaller speaker in there, ....but I have bought a NEW/BETTER speaker for this, ....and will situate it  further in the hilt. The idle hum on this board is AMAZING!! But I find the clashes a little high pitched for my taste, (but I think it is because of the speaker I used and it's location in the hilt) I will fix this, ...remember, ...Work in PROGRESS!
The video at the end Exaggerates the High Pitched sounds, ...It DOES sounds MUCH better in person.

I also need to change the battery pack, ...I will use an 18650 trustfire setup for this, ....I just need to MAKE the battery holder.

Great people to work with, ...all of you. This has been a cool experience so far!

And why was this saber built like this, ...with so many people involved, you ask?

At the time of the first discussion of this saber, ......this community was shaken by events that will not be discussed, we all know what they were/are.  The air was thick, ...tension was high.

Then out of nowhere, Ramaditya Pm'ed me, ....he wanted a saber for him AND his girlfriend to share. He had no render, ...no design, ....he just knew he wanted a purple crystal and white blade, ....and it should be named the Dara.

Dara, ....means several things, ..... "Young Love", ..."First Love".
Cool huh, ......I thought so.

With tension mounting and events uncertain in the saber community, ....I, ....we, ......us, ....the builders of THIS really cool saber, just wanted to show people that we, the sabersmiths, have a mutual respect and admiration for each others work, ....for each others talents. We discuss builds behind the scenes, ....we help each other when needed, ...when asked. We SUPPORT each others decisions and share our ideas. We can argue, we can disagree, but we do it respectfully.
We are a community, ....we are friends, .....we are family!

All is well, ....all will continue to be well.
And here is proof:

Videos:

So what is left? This IS a Work in Progress:

Polish the hilt, ....it's gonna be SHINY and scratch free!
Make a battery holder for that 18650 trust fire, .......accepting ideas on that, ..PM me please!
Add a covertec knob/wheel
Add a recharge port for that trustfire and Kill key
POSSIBLY add an accent LED on the pommel
Replace the speaker so that the true awesomeness of the Mako board can be heard!
wait on the pommel, (The pommel in the picture is only a "placeholder".  ;D ;D
Wait on the Portholes
Prolly a few other things, .....but I'll figure it out!

Ramaditya, ..I hope you are liking this so far!

FenderBender, Allaera, MasterJedye, Darth Tyranus, Dabogah Jedi, ........thanks for making this so awesome! I hope we get to do this in the near future again! It's been a hoot!

« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 09:16:26 PM by Darth_Call »

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
Re: The Dara, a NEW saber for Ramaditya, (WIP)!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 06:23:21 PM »
Guys I might say that is one bad saber. It looks like Ramaditya will have the coolest saber in Indonesia. Congrats to everyone involved on the nice looking hilt and to Ram for the great saber.

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 06:38:48 PM »
I am blown away by the talent of our sabersmiths.  You all rock and have creat an absolutely stunning hilt.

Offline hullbreach

• Master Force User
  • Too dangerous to be kept alive
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 06:51:27 PM »
That crystal chamber setup is very very cool  :o  Nice saber.

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 07:07:39 PM »
Very nice guys! I agree that will be the coolest saber in Indonesia! He will be a very proud owner of that :)

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 07:31:12 PM »
Wow, to see this finally happen! I heard some whispers and twitters once upon a time, when I was naive and scared that the saber community woud disappear like a double filet o-fish (sorry, I'm hungry).

This is beautiful!  I sincerely hope this isn't the last true collaboration that we'll see!

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 07:38:18 PM »
I am flattered and honored to have my name associated with this project. 

It was truly a pleasure to work on, with great sabersmiths whom we respect and a great customer who really appreciates the work sabersmiths do. 

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline arm on fire

• Hattori Hanzo of Sabersmithing
  • Force User
    • A.O.F Custom Sabers
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 08:09:54 PM »
Great WIP guys, keep up the good work.
"There is no try"

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 08:28:23 PM »
This is an inspiring story of an inspired saber for an inspiring owner made by inspired sabersmiths...KUDOS to all involved!
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Darth Kaos

• Sith Infiltrator
  • Master Force User
  • Ninjas?!?!...They all learned from ME!!!
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 08:42:13 PM »
Congrats on the WIP so far guys! Truly, one of the coolest collaborations that I've seen! Looking forward to the finished product!  8)

Offline cannibal869

• I dub thee Darth..........Lecter.
  • Master Force User
  • NUCLEAR POWERED JEDI at work!!!
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 09:10:55 PM »
That.... is....one...of the most beautiful sabers I've ever seen from you!
Truly a masterpiece! I'm REALLY liking the shroud work especially near the crystal chamber
Strong work Darth Call!!!

Offline Ramaditya

• Guardian of the Outer Rim
  • Master Force User
  • The first blind member of FX-Sabers Forum!
    • Who Says A Blind Man Can't Blog?
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 09:26:38 PM »
Thank you to everyone, the sabersmiths and all my friends here...!

True, that this will be one of the greatest sabers ever made, and I am proud to be the owner!

This will also be my identity, as a Jedi must have his/her own custom saber, and Dara will be one.

Please give all attention to this WIP, and I will do it, too!

DC, thanks for starting all of this, and keep up the good work with the other sabersmiths!!!
~If you want to be loved, make yourself loveable~

Check out my lightsaber collection here (post #44):
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=20080.msg308481

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 09:43:35 PM »
Actually it's MJ that's the Dremel-Fu Master...

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline Lord Dracus

• Master Force User
  • "The force is mine to command."
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 09:56:23 PM »
 A beautiful lightsaber and a true masterpiece !!! ;D It's wonderful to see all the sabersmiths come together to build something that is a true work of of lightsaber art !!! :o Congrats Ramaditya !!! ;)

Offline Ramaditya

• Guardian of the Outer Rim
  • Master Force User
  • The first blind member of FX-Sabers Forum!
    • Who Says A Blind Man Can't Blog?
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 10:06:22 PM »
I requested earlier to add an accent LED at the pommel, perhaps it will be nice. But DC told me that the board probably would not have enough power to drive it.

1. Won't it be too much light if we add accent LED to accompany the crystal chamber which has already lit the hilt?
2. Suppose this accent LED idea is accepted, do you think the board can handle it?
~If you want to be loved, make yourself loveable~

Check out my lightsaber collection here (post #44):
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=20080.msg308481

retrousse