fiduciary

Author Topic: JSS Darth Talon retrofit with PC3 for Sithslayer1  (Read 2492 times)

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
JSS Darth Talon retrofit with PC3 for Sithslayer1
« on: June 11, 2015, 08:29:47 AM »
Notes.
The switches and recharge port had to be dremeled out in order to remove the electronics.
To install the electronics, the switches and port had to be epoxied in again. While I attempted to repaint and blend in the new parts, it was not good enough. A full repaint was required.

Specs
PC 3.5
Tri Cree RRB
2x 14650 Li-ion in hilt recharge
2W HB railmaster
2 red accent leds in pommel
2 red accent leds in crystal chamber
Video
JSS Darth Talon With PC 3.5 - YouTube

Pics

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
Re: JSS Darth Talon retrofit with PC3 for Sithslayer1
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 11:11:25 AM »
Interesting unique piece of saber art.

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 03:58:12 PM »
 I originally purchased this hilt from Jon (Judge Sabersmith) during his limited run several years back and the detail and organic look of this saber is so unique. It really looks like a piece of bone or coral converted into a lightsaber. Jango himself  has owned two of these sabers from that run so I knew he was the perfect saber smith to do the upgrades I had in mind. Needless to say, the "Talon" is much louder and brighter than before, and the PC 3.5 is truly a baby CF, amazing sound quality.

Josh also painstakingly replicated  the original color as closely as he could and did a great job. He added the subtle copper highlights like the original finish, and here's the thing-
That took time and effort to try different paints to get it just right. Not every saber smith would have gone to the trouble, which is just another example of his attention to detail and pride in his work!

Thank you again Jango for another great saber upgrade, you really exceeded my expectations!

Offline 97th Acolyte

• Master Force User
  • [insert witty comment here]
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 10:28:49 AM »
Dude, looks great. Big fan of this hilt, its something you don't see all that often. :D
Proud owner of:       JSK1 - Jaina Solo Kotobukiya lightsaber - created by Bombarta
Harp's Starkiller/Kylo Ren fusion - Prizm                      
Deadpool's Deathstick - CS2.5 Reveal, JQsabers               
JK-Sabers Battle damaged/Reveal Maul - Empty             
US Raven
Korbanth:
 Darth Maul - Empty
 Duke - NBv2, JQSabers
 Qui Gon - NBv2, MasterSabers

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 05:08:16 PM »
Dude, looks great. Big fan of this hilt, its something you don't see all that often. :D

These were a limited run of 5 or 6 I believe, back in 2010 from Judge Sabersmith, who at that time was a highly respected sabersmith, who has since left the hobby. These are incredible, they look and feel organic and Jon did a great sculpting job on each. He was highly innovative and artistic. I hope he returns to this hobby! Jango's video of his own sculpted sith saber inspired me to get in on Jon's run, so it's only fitting that he work on mine!

retrousse