fiduciary

Author Topic: Overlords going to Florida  (Read 19655 times)

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
Re: Overlords going to Florida
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2009, 02:14:21 AM »
In everyone's life there exists the possibility, and usually the presence, of suffering. Indeed there are philosophies and religions that postulate that life IS suffering...but equally ubiquitously, and perhaps as inherent in the 'human condition', as suffering is the bitter bite of disappointment . It often happens as a result of allowing ourselves to have expectations, but it happens to almost all of us. And since it does happen to almost all of us what separates and defines us is, as with suffering, our comportment in the face of disappointments. Which can be with grace and dignity or with petulance and immaturity. Showing 'attitude' to someone who has kindly volunteered to help members of this community over a situation everyone agrees is unfortunate all around displays a lack of gratitude that is regrettable.

Is it too incomprehensible to imagine that a little gratitude instead of attitude might be appreciated hmm?

As serafel wisely said:
"Take your time Jango, I'll still be happy the day my overlord will cross my door, and I'll know who I can thank for that."

To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
  • All things serve the Beam...
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2009, 04:50:24 AM »
I just don't understand people. My posts are never meant to rip on Jango. In fact, 9/10 of them are meant to support him. It has ALWAYS been US and ORA I've been angry at/frustrated with, and still am. I have thanked Jango publicly time and time again for his effort in the madness that is this project. If my requests for any sort of updates seems excessive, I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't think they are. On average, they came at 2-week intervals. I don't see that as "constant" or "daily" by any stretch of the imagination. This project HAS followed the same pattern since day 1. Delay, Excuse, Silence, Repeat... And I have said over and over, it's the silence that is the absolute worst. But this is all on Ultra now, not Jango. If you feel I've been attacking him, you misunderstand.

We, as customers, have the RIGHT to be outraged at the constant unexplained delays. We have the RIGHT to demand some sort of action and communication from Alex. Thousands of our dollars are tied up in this project, and he's basically ignoring us. Yeah, it's Halloween. Yeah, their busy. But they are a business, and ignoring one segment of their customer base because their are others is unacceptable. No sympathy or understanding from me. Once, but not any more. Their are 2 types of situations here. There's Jango, who is doing this basically as a favor. He we have no right to be mad at. I'm not, and never have been. And there's Ultrasabers, who is not a group of friends doing other friends a solid. They are a company, who has been more than happy to take our money, but have failed to follow through on delivery, failed to deal with their contractors, failed to communicate, and still do. A business, people. That's what you need to keep in mind. A business needs to be held accountable, and they continue to snub their noses at us. THAT is unacceptable.
Honor the man who falls by the sword,
But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2009, 05:54:16 AM »
Reaver, your last post prior to this one was addressed directly to Jango, which is why there have been some gentle reminders from myself and other members that, yes, Jango is doing this as a favor and it is an extremely generous thing he is doing.  For him to deal with this issue is personally costing him thousands of dollars in lost time.  Time he could be spending with loved ones, time he could be working, time he could be fishing (don't know if he fishes ;D), time he could be making sabers to sell or for his own personal satisfaction.  I don't know if you realize how much actual TIME it takes to build a saber? 

No one is debating your right to be outraged.  You have every right!  When Jango says it is Halloween, they are busy, and the income they make this time of year helps fuel these runs (and also the redos and refunds) he is simply stating a fact.  Ultrasabers is not Microsoft.  It is going to be costly for them to take care of this issue.  From what I can see, they ARE attempting to do so albeit more slowly than you would like.  They need to concentrate on their Halloween business to take care of you all and to take care of their business so they can continue providing their excellent products to the community.

I do not chastize you for venting, or for asking for updates.  You are within your rights to do so.  But don't lash out at the one island of sanity in all this who has graciously given his own time to help you.  He does not deserve that.  Reserve your anger for those that deserve it ;)

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2009, 06:37:56 AM »
Ahhh, maybe it's because this is a topic from Jango, why it felt like you where attacking him.
Your last post is very clear though.
I think it's best to mail Alex directly on this than, so nobody else is answering for him but Alex alone.
I totally understand though.
For myself,... I moved this away and try to think about other stuff for a while.
I trust Jango will resolve this matter on the end.
Or Jango gets crazy from this matter also and send this whole deal to Ultra himself.  ;D ;D ;D

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2009, 06:42:27 AM »
You're right, Luminara, it was addressed directly to Jango. It wasn't meant as a vent AT him, as much as it was TO him. My fault for not being clear. I will reiterate again my appreciation to him for jumping into this mess. And I will apologize if my venting and frustration seem to be aimed his way. It isn't, and never has been.

I'm going to ask Jango to send me My Overlords and boards unassembled. I really wanted them done by him, because I know he'd do a far better job than my feeble skills would alow, but this waiting on US to do right by us (including Jango) Is simply making me more angry and bitter, and rather than continuing to wait, continuing to vent, and continuing to just make Jango's life, and other folks here on the boards lives) less pleasant, I'll just do them myself, and then o away for a while. My presense is a disruption and distraction that has become unnecessary and counter productive to the whole.

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2009, 07:30:06 AM »
Understandable.
Personally, I do think it's a matter of weeks now.
Don't leave the forum though. 8) 8) 8)

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2009, 09:17:30 AM »
I honestly and truly hope you're right. I hope it is a matter of weeks, rather than months. I hope it is for your sake, for the sake of everyone else waiting, and for Jango's sake. These things need to be done. They need to stop being a huge thorn in the side of this community. I hope Alex gets moving on getting Jango the parts he needs. But I'm not holding my breath for a quick resolution. And knowing myself, I know I'll just get more and more frustrated as time goes on. It would be better for everyone here for these things to sit unassembled at my place than for me to sit here waiting for Alex to get the parts to Jango. I've said enough, and it's making no difference. Believe it or not, I don't enjoy wasting my time, trying to get the attention of Ultrasabers. They're simply not listening, and don't care.

I also think that those people waiting all this time, who purchased the UltraSound 2.0 the day they came out specifically for these sabers, deserve an upgrade to the 2.5. For these ridiculously long delays, fumbled handling of the situation all along the way, and just out of general decency. But again, that would all depend on the company in question caring enough about this small number of their customers to try to do right by them. Breath not being held for that to change.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 06:45:18 AM by Reaver »

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2009, 08:02:38 PM »

Update
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=21358.msg318009#msg318009

Please continue any questions or discussions there.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

retrousse