fiduciary

Author Topic: What is this? Could it be a thin necked ROTJ? It is the MKVI "Hero" #'s 1 & 2  (Read 18975 times)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
People could see a CF or two show up at some point.  However, These will ONLY be available for order with PC-U and either EpVI or Hero.  The reasons for that?  Well, it is an Ep. VI saber after all ;)  Also, I don't happen to have a huge pile of CF sitting in a drawer somewhere.  Thirdly, $2000+ sabers don't tend to jump off the shelf, lol.

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
is that correct? a cf version is not an option?
what if i supply my own cf?

Right now, I am not accepting any send in's on this saber.  Maybe next year, but for this first group I have more people who want them the way that I have planned them., ;)  PM me and I will discuss it (the if's & when's) with you.

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
I'm not saying it doesn't deserve one, I'm saying that, IMPO, it rocks with a PC-U and doesn't need a CF. With the PC-U you still have custom sound fonts, the two blinkies and the primary LED.

i wouldnt want the random pc swing sounds on a saber like this
 for my build id rather get a cf for it and as they are probly months away and i dont have funds right now i can wait

GG you will be hearing from me soon  ;)

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline Lord Xeno

• Master Force User
  • Sith...they mostly come out at night. Mostly.
LDMCustomsabers Services, pricelist and Build Log ***FULL until May 2011***

General, does one need to send you an email on May 1 requesting to be placed on the build log for an MKIV?  I would like to have one in hand prior to San Diego Comic Con in July....if that's not too unreasonable a request!

is that correct? a cf version is not an option?
what if i supply my own cf?

Steve, trust me when I say the Petit Crouton will not disappoint in a hilt of this quality and accuracy. And as far as the random swing sounds go on the PC, that is extremely rare.  Once in a blue moon kinda thing. As you know I have a PCv1.4 in my OSPP IKMKV and it has done it maybe twice since I got it...and that is due to it being very loud and being placed flat on a table or something where the conditions would have to be perfect. Has never happened while in-hand.  Sure, a CF would be killer, but then you have to deal with the availability issues, etc etc....

Offline MACE WINDU

• Formerly known as Nightstorm
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Do you have a problem with purple?
I just received a package here at work from LDM  :o

This will be the longest four hours (until I get off work and go home) of the week for certain!

I can't wait to open this baby up....AAARRRG the anticipation!

Offline Acerocket

• Formerly known as Wat Tambor
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
Hey, don't forget to throw some love the way of your friendly Techno Union member also. ;D

Remember, we supply the weapons and you suppy the war.

Offline MACE WINDU

• Master Force User
And they're the best weapons this side of the galactic rim....pretty much any galatic rim!

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!

Steve, trust me when I say the Petit Crouton will not disappoint in a hilt of this quality and accuracy. And as far as the random swing sounds go on the PC, that is extremely rare.  Once in a blue moon kinda thing. As you know I have a PCv1.4 in my OSPP IKMKV and it has done it maybe twice since I got it...and that is due to it being very loud and being placed flat on a table or something where the conditions would have to be perfect. Has never happened while in-hand.  Sure, a CF would be killer, but then you have to deal with the availability issues, etc etc....
[/quote]

i gotta say todd yours is the only vid iv seen with a pc in the saber and it doesnt go beserk with swing sounds
i guess it depends on board placement in the hilt and how close to the speaker it is...

nightstorm looking forward to your review  8)

OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline MACE WINDU

• Master Force User
Ok...just unboxed her and my first thought was.. "Well...well....look at you."  This has got to be the best Luke ROTJ I've ever seen.  The swings are just perfect BTW.  It's not going beserk or anything.  Fact is, this is fourth PC based saber I have and none of them have ever gone beserk on me with swings.  This saber is beautiful.  It's a functional work of art.  My highest compliments to everyone involved!  Oh, and I was hoping that the APOP would be enabled :)  I forgot to ask for that...fortunately LDM anticipated this and it makes perfect sense with the switch placement.  Fantastic saber, awesome implemantation in design and execution.  

You know...you have to stop and think about how lucky we all really are.  I mean...we're in a community of fans, hobbiest and supports that not only all love the same thing, but have members with the skills, resources and knowledge to design and build what others only dream about.  These are in my opinion, childhood dreams made manifest.  I remember as a kid seeing Luke ignight his green saber for the first time on that sand barge and thinking "WOW!! IT'S GREEN!"  When I got home my toy saber with the odd yellow blade that made whistling noises when you swung it just didn't cut it anymore.  I remember talking my Granddad into cutting me a piece of wood that sort of resembled Luke's saber.  Of course everything else was up to a kids imagination.

Man have we really come a long way  ;D
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 02:15:06 PM by Nightstorm »

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
Congrats on being the first to own this functional art piece, Nightstorm! How is the resonance on her? It sounds fairly loud in GG's  video.

Offline Taberah

• Experienced Force User
  • Fomerly known as Cal2kidz
Congrats Nightstorm!  Can't wait to see your pics - I am green with envy my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Blessings - Taberah
Siths are my speciality!

Offline MACE WINDU

• Master Force User
It's plenty lound enough.  Sound is very clear and undistorted.

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
awesome congrats  8)
cant wait for some pics

OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault

You know...you have to stop and think about how lucky we all really are.  I mean...we're in a community of fans, hobbiest and supports that not only all love the same thing, but have members with the skills, resources and knowledge to design and build what others only dream about.  These are in my opinion, childhood dreams made manifest.  I remember as a kid seeing Luke ignight his green saber for the first time on that sand barge and thinking "WOW!! IT'S GREEN!"  When I got home my toy saber with the odd yellow blade that made whistling noises when you swung it just didn't cut it anymore.  I remember talking my Granddad into cutting me a piece of wood that sort of resembled Luke's saber.  Of course everything else was up to a kids imagination.

Amen!  Well said :D.

Facebook: VVFB

Offline daddy solo

• Master Force User

"an eloquent statement, for a more civilized age". congrats on the new saber. MTFBWY..... always
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 06:18:50 PM by daddy solo »

retrousse