fiduciary

Author Topic: Ammnras Rotating crystal chamber  (Read 13552 times)

Offline DarthFM

• Force User
Re: Ammnras Rotating crystal chamber
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2013, 03:11:35 AM »
Really original take on a crystal chamber, and well executed.
I love you the metal bricks (for lack of a better term) seem to be floating around the crystal - very Force-like...

Offline Darth Terest

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2013, 10:58:30 PM »
I got One of his Chamber Kits and now building that thing for an MHS saber...the parts are so nicely fitting together...soon with pics...color and brush working is done only need to order the TCSS Part for the Chamber...pretty impressive... ;)

Offline jedicri

• Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2013, 11:19:48 PM »
I got One of his Chamber Kits and now building that thing for an MHS saber...the parts are so nicely fitting together...soon with pics...color and brush working is done only need to order the TCSS Part for the Chamber...pretty impressive... ;)

I watched Ammnra's Youtube Chamber Kit tutorial about a month ago and it really is an easy thing to put together and to implement into a hilt.

Here it is if any one is interested: Rotating Crystal Chamber Unit (MHS Compatible) - YouTube

Offline Justintmars

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • There is some peace?
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2013, 11:22:08 PM »
He said spark/igniter it seems to have more colors than a spark would allow but he xould have just updated colors with an sd card between takes.

I believe that he had a case of name confusion. From the feature set and picture I saw of the board near the end it is definitely an Igniter Mini(TM). It is a great job and an excellent use of 3d printing.

Did he say he was using a led engin?
In your manual don't you warn against using led engins as the vf of the LEDs May exceed the battery?

Offline vulcan fox

• Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2013, 03:11:07 AM »
fantastic design , its excellent , and very similar to what ive been working on for about a year now, those gear motors are readily available on ebay and come as he says in either 3 or 6 volt and with quite a few different rpm choices and again as he as said you further adjust the speed by various currents, hope to post my own design in the near future ..... great work.

Offline tron

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2013, 04:26:40 AM »
whoa
Disregard for the rules, disrespecting staff, threatening legal action or inferring it via informing staff of various laws.
Created duplicate accounts to circumvent ban.

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2013, 05:51:10 AM »
i wonder how having one of these would effect the use of the saber?? i mean how is it gonna be after a few hundered clashes/swings etc??

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline Justintmars

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • There is some peace?
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2013, 07:22:04 AM »
i wonder how having one of these would effect the use of the saber?? i mean how is it gonna be after a few hundered clashes/swings etc??
They also seem to only fit and function in huge sabers like the two he made..... =/

Offline DarthRaevus

• Master Force User
  • Friendly neighborhood machinist...
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2013, 07:37:47 AM »
If your cram fu was decent, you could put it into an 11" saber.  But you'd have to get creative with switch placement/port placement. Obviously, you might have to compromise on battery size...

My big thing is that it doesn't seem super rigid, but with things like that it kind of becomes a show saber anyway.

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2013, 07:41:07 AM »
my only fear of having one of these in a saber is the gears and cogs giving up from impacts and swinging etc however in a saber that is more set up for display only i could see it being very awesome, like say you had one of these set up in a display/reveal graflex for instance or custom obi negotiator  8)
also wouldnt the cogs need a little oil from time to time?

i dont mean to sound negative im just thinking of all aspects of having one of these in a hilt, but id say some of the smiths here could work wonders with such a device
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 07:42:59 AM by Scorpion »

OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline vulcan fox

• Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2013, 08:25:47 AM »
i understand your concerns on this scorpion but those motors are very well made and as no direct impact would ever be taken the real problems are how secure is the entire motor within the chamber design ?... as for saber size ? well im within 11.4 inches so not huge, but as its already been said any open crystal chamber design is obviously more suited for demonstration and display due to inherent structural weaknesses ,.. i wouldn't say that every future crystal chamber should feature moving parts but it is an alternative to static designs.

Offline DarthRaevus

• Master Force User
  • Friendly neighborhood machinist...
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2013, 09:46:25 AM »
See, there ya go - POC.

As for the gears and cog, since they're made of plastic-they won't need lubrication.  Not sure how that particular 3D plastic compares to delrin or nylon, but a lot of gears, splines, pinions, etc. are made from modern plastics that don't wear easily (think less friction) and have very little expansion/contraction due to temperature. 

Given that, I can't imagine even with the LED and the slow motor that there would be enough heat to be a concern.  Also, its not like it's going to be running for hours on end like a RC car or plane or something.

So really, if the fit is pretty good for all the parts, and you use a good epoxy-I don't see why it wouldn't take a little light dueling.

Offline jedicri

• Master Force User
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2013, 09:49:47 AM »
my only fear of having one of these in a saber is the gears and cogs giving up from impacts and swinging etc however in a saber that is more set up for display only i could see it being very awesome, like say you had one of these set up in a display/reveal graflex for instance or custom obi negotiator  8)
also wouldnt the cogs need a little oil from time to time?

i dont mean to sound negative im just thinking of all aspects of having one of these in a hilt, but id say some of the smiths here could work wonders with such a device

Think of it this way: there are sabers that are simply for display purposes, such as VV SKs with an exposed crystal chamber and a not so very deep emitter so as to hold the blade firmly in place.  In truth, I cannot fully and with full force swing my SK as quickly and firmly as my other sabers simply because of the aforementioned --- the blade wobbles.

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2013, 10:53:19 AM »
jedicri my VV/jq starkiller is nothing like that?? the blade is solid and i use it at least a few time a week i just love playing with it, so much fun especially with v6/cex
you need to learn to hold it from the center and with a little practice swinging becomes easy
are you sure you have the correct size blade in? possibly your blade has been sanded at the base?

OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline Vercify

• Master Force User
  • rawr
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2013, 11:00:25 AM »
Just watched the tutorial... this looks amazing. I wonder if a real crystal would be compatible with the setup....

retrousse