fiduciary

Author Topic: "White Core" Blade Testing  (Read 7976 times)

Offline ishtob

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
Re: "White Core" Blade Testing
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2015, 06:13:08 AM »
last I've seen, there was red being tested as well, though it was more of a pink in person according to Photonic Bladesmith.

I've looked around for the same photon acrylic material, but none other the color is as bright as green

Offline Arryck Corso

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2015, 07:18:20 AM »
Hey Habbena.  Love where you are going with this.  And I had thought which I'm sure has already occurred to you but still wanted to hear your thoughts on this as you have a little more experience with blade making than I do.

In regards to the blue "white core" looking the best....have you considered swapping out the clear cellophane for  blue colored cellophane. I would imagine a WWW Tri-Cree would be pretty bright so that might offset some of the loss in brightness by using "darker" cellophane.  And I was thinking it may also help intensify the "blue halo" look that's so commonly seen in the movies.

Anyways....just a thought.....looking forward to seeing more of what your experiments yield.  Thanks for sharing.

The question isn't who is going to let me;  It's who is going to stop me!

Offline Habbena

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • "I See You Have Constructed a New Lightsaber"
    • Illuminated Saber Design and Concepts
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2015, 09:19:35 AM »
It would be interesting to try.   I have been busy filling saber orders the last month, so blade testing has taken a bit of a back seat, but hopefully after the release and Christmas I can get back into doing some further R and D on blades  :smiley:

retrousse