fiduciary

Author Topic: Sunriders Igniter sound font demo  (Read 1675 times)

Offline Sunrider

• Unlimited Brightness!!! RRROOAARRR!!!
  • Master Force User
Sunriders Igniter sound font demo
« on: January 13, 2012, 10:21:51 PM »
After scratching my head about how bad Igniter sounded I finally used my brain and had a revelation. People have been sending beta fonts to me at 44100kz sample rate like I saw in the manual. So thats what I was using. It turns out what it likes is 22050khz. After converting a ton of files I am happy to report that two weeks of tracking down and downloading about 20 audio programs and ripping samples from all the movies did not go to waste.   :D

Now the main thing to understand about making fonts for this board (red one) is everything below about 150 to 200khz must be 90db down in the files that run in on mode. The hum may need a little more removed depending on volume and content. The saber tracks and boots need no extra work to sound good.

Here is a video of my font so far. Its not done yet but close.

My camera does not pick up sound that great, it's better in person.  Without bias' no joke I am impressed by how this setup sounds. Feel free to ask questions. I really have spent some time refining the sound for this saber and learned a few things.

More When the 40w saber is done. Should be soon.  ;D

Offline vulcan fox

• Master Force User
Re: Sunriders Igniter sound font demo
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 02:37:10 AM »
well, again im no expert on sound mixing but the igniter manual does specify 44000 as well as the 22000 ranges can be used for fonts.?... scott could elaborate on this subject, your font is sounding very nice especially the clashes and blocks ... looks like youve detached the clash sensor ... this is very early days for trumixTM but if i could mix a font i personally would want a more subtle hum, loud swings and even louder clashes, pheonixjedi is starting up some R@D with igniter fonts so  its all looking good. :) :) :) :).... hope you are having success with your lighting solution? ;) ;)... on a side note i will be in touch with you in around 14 days. ;) ;)

Offline naigon

• Mining Colony Members
  • Experienced Force User
  • Naigon's Electronic Creations
    • SaberIgniter.com
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 11:40:04 AM »
After scratching my head about how bad Igniter sounded I finally used my brain and had a revelation. People have been sending beta fonts to me at 44100kz sample rate like I saw in the manual. So thats what I was using. It turns out what it likes is 22050khz. After converting a ton of files I am happy to report that two weeks of tracking down and downloading about 20 audio programs and ripping samples from all the movies did not go to waste.   :D

Now the main thing to understand about making fonts for this board (red one) is everything below about 150 to 200khz must be 90db down in the files that run in on mode. The hum may need a little more removed depending on volume and content. The saber tracks and boots need no extra work to sound good.

Here is a video of my font so far. Its not done yet but close.

My camera does not pick up sound that great, it's better in person.  Without bias' no joke I am impressed by how this setup sounds. Feel free to ask questions. I really have spent some time refining the sound for this saber and learned a few things.

More When the 40w saber is done. Should be soon.  ;D

Wow Sunrider, you have done an excellent job getting that thing to sound great! I wish I could hear that double speaker setup in person, it even sound great through the standard camera setup.

I just want to ask about the 44100Hz font issue you were talking about? I have many fonts working at 44100Hz. The only issue I found at that sample rate is that if you do a bunch of swings in a row you hear a slight buzz/click every now and then, but only for half a second. If you couldn't get 44100Hz to work, something else was going on. Did you check the wav file for any extra properties? Some programs add some extra "chunks" into the wav file before the DATA chunk. If those files had that in there, it would case it not to load on Igniter(tm) as I didn't write extra code to parse though that.

Your font sounds killer too! I'll be in touch with you about that one soon. Good job all around, I can't wait to see the 40w in action!
Naigon
Igniter developer/creater - my site is in my profile!
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=29490.0

Offline Sunrider

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 02:36:13 PM »
 I'm not sure about the 44khz thing. Goldwave says the parameters are wave, pcm signed, 16 bit, 44100khz, 705kbps, mono. And there is a pitch change between the computer and what the saber plays. The saber plays the sample about 6 % lower or slower. Others have seen this too. When those files were resampled at 22050 they worked fine.

Offline jetsaber

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 02:46:46 PM »
 ;D Thanks Sunrider : I must say the Video was Great and Really Loud and Clear so much I couldn't hear your words lol   :o  8) 
The Double Bass and Treble  Speaker set up is Awesome  :o

Offline Darth Xusia

• Master Force User
  • "quit cher whinin' and just build some sabers"
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 11:06:54 AM »
Interesting hum. Sounds familiar.
I am looking looking forward to the completed font.
Thank you Photobucket for the best Sig ever!

Offline Sunrider

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 11:34:51 AM »
 Thanks guys. The hum is Mace Windu's from ROTS. I'm glad I got it to work ok as his is one of my favs.

Offline janmizzle

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 11:34:41 AM »
sounds awesome. I can't wait to hear the final product

Offline Sunrider

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 02:14:26 PM »
 Teh font is finished. I will have a video demo up soon. PM me if interested.

retrousse