fiduciary

Author Topic: Thank you, Ladies and Gentlemen, You will not be Forgotten  (Read 1057 times)

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
Today, I want to thank my father, my uncles, my aunt, my grandfather, my friends on the boards, the people standing in the intersections and outside of the Walmarts, and those at the VFW halls.  But mostly I want to thank those people in the VA hospitals and in Arlington National Cemetery - as well as those in other cemeteries around the world.

Today is not the official kick-off to Summer (I think that was actually Saturday  ;) ) and it is not the time for the sales and bargains at the mall.  Today is the day that we REMEMBER and thank all those people who make our summer barbeques and lazy weekends possible.

Because of these men and women, we have the right to worship the way we choose, love the people we want, say the things on our minds, and dress in ways that express our individuality, and above all else we have the right to DISAGREE.  This weekend I read articles where men were jailed with hard labor for being gay, women were banned from wearing pants without something covering them, and we all know about religious wars going on across the world at this very minute.

I am eternally grateful for those who put their lives on the line to defend our country.  I can't imagine what that's like, even after all the stories I've been told, and read, and watched on TV - because I was never there.  So thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

Leigh-Anne

Please feel free to add your thoughts, but NO politics.  I would like this thread to be for what this day is all about: in Memorial for those that defended our Country.  And let's hear from our brothers and sisters outside of the US!

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
Re: Thank you, Ladies and Gentlemen, You will not be Forgotten
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 08:12:43 AM »
Thank you for the appreciation and thank you to my fellow brothers-in-arms in the known conflicts around the world and all the unkown ops that help keep America peaceful.  May God bring you safe and secure.

And thanks especially to those veterans and close comrads-in-arms that paid the ultimate sacrifice.  We will see each other again someday brothers as our Hymn says, I look forward to walking that patrol with you again someday to guard heaven’s streets.

Thank you Barriss for the thread.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 08:47:51 AM »
Wonderful thread Barriss.

From your neighbour to the North I would like to express Gratitude to all the brave American men and women who have served [frequently as allies of our own, as presently in Afghanistan] and who all too frequently Ultimately sacrificed in pursuit of the common Human causes of Liberty and Justice for all.

Respect and Admiration, may you always be greatly Blessed for your Valour.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 09:02:06 AM »
Thank you so much for starting this thread Barriss!  Although I am grateful each and every day for those who put their lives on the line so that we can live ours in freedom and safety, today especially is a day to reaffirm that thanks and also to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice so that we are safe and free.  When seeing the Vets this morning saluting from the sidelines of the parade with a tear in their eyes as well as those walking proudly in their Uniforms I was reminded yet again of this sacrifice and thank each and every Veteran of this wonderful United States of America for your service.  Without you, this great nation would not be here today and would not survive.  We owe our freedom and independence to you.  From the bottom of my heart, thank you!

Facebook: VVFB

retrousse