fiduciary

Author Topic: CFX blade profile programming  (Read 973 times)

Offline ken

• Force User
  • in my experience there is no such thing as luck
CFX blade profile programming
« on: January 13, 2020, 08:52:39 AM »
so i recently finished my first CFX install and i was playing around with it and noticed when i go to switch the colors it works but the blade profile or spectrum dosnt do anything once i get passed the color menu. so i did some reading in the manual and i found were it says what values are used to program the different blade effects like unstable and flame or rain blade ect. and i was looking though the config file on the card and i saw that there are like five or six lines at the very bottom that say profile and. so my question is.. is that where i type in the settings for each of my profile presets and if so if anyone could reply with an example of where they go in the config file ( im a bit of a visual learner) that would be awesome

thanks so mush in advanced
MTFBWYA
http://

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
Re: CFX blade profile programming
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 09:10:34 PM »
You got it. The stock config has room to make your own profiles. Just copy the fleshed out profile to the additional spots, and increment the profile number. Then play with the settings to customize. Highly recommend Erv’s rice app as you can play with settings in real time.

Offline ken

• Force User
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 05:13:42 PM »
sweet thanks for the info dont you need a rice port for that????

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 05:54:15 PM »
Multiple options...You can download the RICE console from plecterlabs, and connect direct to the board via micro USB...this allows you to adjust settings for color and blade on the fly. It also allows you to access the SD card by clicking or typing mass_storage on the last tab.

Alternatively, you can take out the sd card, copy the first profile into the subsequent slots in the config, and adjust the settings manually. The limitation here is that as you adjust settings, you have to reformat and copy to the sd card and get it back to the saber to see what your adjustments did.

Offline ken

• Force User
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 09:03:49 AM »
ahh i see i was doing the last option but it wasnt working since i didnt do the reformatting step. but ill install the RICE console and use the micro USB thanks so much scott. yet again you saved my rear end haha

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 04:56:38 PM »
Also fingers crossed...haven’t looked at the latest sd card package from Erv yet, but know that he mentioned eventually making blade profile configs available to the community. While I may adjust a few things, you can’t beat the creator defining the different ways the bird can power the blade!

retrousse