fiduciary

Author Topic: PROJECT NEMESIS A Maul Rebels Inspired Saber  (Read 1381 times)

Offline Corran Horn

• Formerly known as Keil Edge
  • Board Moderator
  • Master Force User
  • CSJ Props an NEC Certified Installer
    • CSJ Props
PROJECT NEMESIS A Maul Rebels Inspired Saber
« on: June 17, 2018, 12:32:55 PM »

PROJECT NEMESIS

Back in January I began hinting at a special project that has now been in development for roughly a year's time.

(Original post: CSJ Props - If anyone has been wondering, yes, the Hope saber run is still)

AFE Machining & Design has been hard at work on this in tandem with the Hope saber run, and we have been trying to keep it under wraps as best as we could manage. (I was excited and just wanted to share it with everyone.)

But with recent developments in the Star Wars Universe, I've decided that it is time to reveal this to the public.

Project Nemesis is based on the Darth Maul Rebels saber staff and is designed to house two Igniter 3 soundboards, two speakers, two batteries, and two RGB LEDs. This will be a fully working staff, properly scaled, with claw attached, and anodized in the appropriate colours to match the onscreen item.

It will be designed for a 7/8" blade at each end and utilise custom camouflaged tactile switches to match the original design without any out of place elements.

We are now in the late stages of prototyping and should have a proper prototype hilt completed in the near future, before taking full numbers for production.

We will be pricing this along similar lines to the Hope saber, so that this will not only be a collector item, but also a reasonably AFFORDABLE saber to own. These will be fully installed sabers with a custom designed chassis, and due to the intricacy of this saber, we will not be offering empty hilts on this run. This will not be a typical run, as I will not be offering preorders. The sabers will be offered for sale with deposits only being collected as down payment on the electronics themselves, the sabers will already be machined in advance.

More details coming in the next couple of weeks, but for now, here are some progress photos, as well as a comparison to the incredibly TINY Hope saber so you can see just how compact this saber is.

May the Force be with you all.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 12:40:15 PM by Corran Horn »

"It's only stupid if we die doing it, otherwise it's heroism." -Corran Horn-

retrousse