fiduciary

Author Topic: builders in SoCal  (Read 981 times)

Offline griva86

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
builders in SoCal
« on: July 12, 2019, 09:38:42 AM »
I'm new and yet not new.

I was a lurker when I got interested in this awesome community about 5 yrs ago and got some stuff from TCSS to build a few custom sabers.  Had a great time picking them out but when I assembled the first, the electronics (Plecter NB) were not working properly...presumably due to my soldering as I have not soldered before.  You can look at some of my posts from back then if you want to see some of the pieces in progress.  DRL paid me a visit and the parts went into storage for a bit.

I am now looking to get back in and complete my projects.  Are there any experienced builders in SoCal who would be willing to help me finish up? Happy to pay in gratitude, coffee, or cash.

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
Re: builders in SoCal
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 01:28:18 PM »
Try reaching out to General Grievous here on the Forums, or facebook- His company  is called LDM Custom Sabers. He does great work and has been a fixture here for a very long time, a true OG in this hobby!

Offline griva86

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 08:55:18 AM »
I appreciate the response and have heard great things about GG.

I am mostly looking for someone who is willing to sit with me to assist me in the building.  These sabers were designed for some close friends for a special occasional and the concept was for me to design and build them.  Naturally, things didn't work out quite as I had hoped when doing some of the soldering so I thought a "tutor" of sorts might be able to help me complete the project but do so more or less with my own hands.

Anyone local willing to sit with an old dude, shoot the breeze, and guide me through the many blunders I will surely make?

Offline griva86

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 05:13:45 PM »
My bad, didn't realize he actually is local!  Thanks for the line, I'll look into it.  Happy to take other suggestions if anyone else knows someone in the area.

retrousse