fiduciary

Author Topic: What's in your Everyday Carry?  (Read 5954 times)

Offline Asoka Tano

• Experienced Force User
Re: What's in your Everyday Carry?
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2013, 05:04:29 PM »
My everyday carry:

College ID
Credit Card
Room key
Iphone

That's about it. I like to travel lite.
VV Kanan Jarrus ("Dume")
VV Obi Wan CW ("Negotiator")
VV Sith Acolyte

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2013, 01:09:17 PM »
Here's my updated carry now that all of my new stuff has arrived. 

Leatherman knife with lever assist
Folding Scissors
Olight i3s EOS flashlight (1xAAA, 80 lumens, very small)
Car keys x 2
16 GB tiny usb memory stick
4-40 and 8-32 (set screw) hex wrenches
Wallet (nope, it's not really Gucci, it's fake)
Field notes
Fisher space pen
Lunch money (never carry much on me in Akron, lol)
Covertec Clip
Samsung Galaxy SIII with extended (7000mAh) battery

I clip both the flashlight and knife to the top of my pocket and barely have any overlap of items.  Anything more though, and I'd definitely have lumpy pockets.  As far as condensing, I could swap the knife and scissors for a leatherman wave (which I am leaning towards at the moment) and drop one set of car keys. 

I have to say something about the flashlight though.  Again, it's an i3s EOS.  It's simply amazing, and I highly recommend it to anyone at all.  I've carried it for 5 days now, and I've used it more than a few times per day.  It runs on one AAA battery for easy replacement (I hate CR123 flashlights, lol) has a small footprint, it's all aluminum, and the brightness is unbeatable in a size such as this.  When it's clipped to my pocket, I don't even know it's there.  It lights up my entire basement from wall to wall (about 95 feet) and has a very good throw for such a thin reflector.  My only complaint is that it is a twist light and not a clicky light (technical term, lol).  I may buy a jetbeam E3P since it matches all of my wants for an EDC light (metal button, straight to high brightness, AA or AAA, small footprint and super bright) and then decide which I want on my person.  I really like the pocket clip though, which the jetbeam lacks.  It keeps the light at my fingertips when I need it.  Absolutely everyone should carry a flashlight on their person.  Sure, there's that app for your phone that you really aren't supposed to use and can never find when you need it, and sure there's that rusty old 4D maglight in a drawer somewhere, but having the light always on your person in such a small footprint is unbeatable. 

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2014, 05:59:54 AM »
been a while since I posted in this, but it's time to update the EDC.   First off, I lost my olight AAA flashlight on the way home from Cedar Point one night, and tried to get a jetbeam e3s (or whatever the version is) and couldn't find them anywhere.  Then I stumbled across the Thrunite T10s(stainless) and T10t(titanium).  I ended up getting the T10t for the weight, and polished it up on my buff wheel.  It looked really good for a while, but after about 6 months, it's pretty scratched up  Anyway, this new one runs on a AA so it lasts longer.  It's about 3x as bright, and uses a metal push button on the back instead of an annoying twist on.  I really like it. 

Also, I did end up getting a leatherman a looong time ago.  I'm planning to upgrade from the wave to the charge tti (also for the weight savings).

I no longer carry the hex keys as I haven't found myself playing with the lightsabers as often as I'd like, but I do end up with a covertec on my belt half of the time.

Just last weekend I got a new watch.  Has a saphire crystal, date, waterproof, blah blah.  No clue what make it is.  It is a boston whaler watch (someone bought the boat and the dealer threw in some goodies.  I ended up with the watch).  It's very nice, I just haven't looked at the make on the instruction manual and it doesn't say what it is anywhere on the watch itself. 

You'll notice I added the lanyard to my second set of keys (I always carry 2 sets, but the set that's attached to the lanyard changes with the weather).  It's very helpful with crouded pockets.

Galaxy s3 has been replaced with a Galaxy Note 4 as of yesterday (only came out today on verizon).

Finally, I upgraded my flash drive from a 16gb usb 2.0 kingston to a 64gb usb 3.0 sandisk.  It was like $34 on amazon and I had to wait to get it because they sold out so fast during that sale. 

Anyway, that's my level 1. 

Level 2 (my backpack) is far more extensive.  I'll take a pic of that stuff later if anyone cares.  It includes

2014 Razer Blade (256 GB)
Laptop Charger
5500mAh battery for charging my phone
Logitech g700s wireless mouse
TI-nspire CX CAS (with charger)
Razer Goliathus control (medium size) gaming mouse mat
Always a 16.9oz bottle of water
A set of digital calipers
And various unimportant school supplies. 

Basically, I always have access to my backpack.  I even keep my 64GB flash drive in there because I always have it.  Whether I'm at school, at home, or away for the weekend, I absolutely always have my backpack.  If I start going places without the backpack, then I'll have to start carrying the flash drive in my pocket like I used to and probably lighten the load a bit.  I also need a smaller mouse mat for my backpack, but I didn't know how big the "medium" size was when I bought 2 of them, so the one for my desktop is perfect but the one for travel is far too big. 

Anyway, hope I didn't bore anyone with all of that.  I just wanted to update this thread. 

Offline greco18

• Force User
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2014, 09:18:02 AM »
When out of town for school
htc one
wallet
apartment keys
asus g46vw rog laptop
laptop charger
razer deathadder mouse
steelseries 4hd pad
epi pen (nut allergy :()
hand sanitizer

when back in town for breaks/work
htc one
wallet
car keys
Canadian civil procedure book
blackberry z10 (client phone)
ipad (ew)
and of course epi pen :)

Offline Sandpeople are people too

• Once made Darth Vader Chuckle
  • Master Force User
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2014, 10:35:25 PM »
Now that I've got a 9-5 (or 7-4) rather than week-on/week-off job, I tend to tote around fewer things as I'm not living out of a backpack.  That backpack is solid though.  Mystery Ranch G-7000 Mystery Ranch G7000 Reviews - Trailspace.com.  Apparently, this is no longer made.  Bummer.

Standard
timex ironman- I like having 3 alarms and multiple timers
tungsten wedding ring
handkerchief (habit from my dad)
crappy flip-phone as I don't want to have a big monthly bill.
maui jim's
ghost bead necklaces (4)
keys w/ mini aluminium biner LED light (durable and so handy)
a knife.  folder or fixed.  lately this one- I'm going to do a glow-in-the dark p-cord wrap handle
--knife Triumph Neck Knife | Tactical Fixed Blade Knife |CRKT
NEMO wallet.  very durable and nice gear company.  NEMO Ditto Wallet | NEMO

If I happen to have a daybag/ daypack/man-purse, it's either a mountainsmith day (14 liters -summer) or a mountainsmith approach II (33 liters- winter) - a gift from a friend.

the fancy platinum wedding ring, sometimes.
a fancier watch. 
Guyot Stainless 40oz waterbottle
couple of carabiners
10-20 feet of p-cord
BD rock ring  http://blackdiamondequipment.com/en/bouldering/forearm-trainer-BD8001500000ALL1.html
couple of band-aids
hacky-sack
altoids
PAS digital camera
a book to read
something to write on
Fisher Space Pen INFINIUM - http://www.spacepen.com/INFB-1.aspx
Atlas Assembly-Grip gloves
Franklin pocket planner (I'm a Luddite).
I-pod for the commute (Luddite)
Toob- toothbrush http://www.yourhealthysmile.com/toob.html
sunblock (zinc-oxide based)
an old gerber multi-tool.  I might use a leatherman squirt p4

I'm still kind of heavy on the gear side of things.  It's hard for me not to have equipment; I've had too many times I've needed/wanted stuff, so it's what I put up with.  I'd rather go overkill rather than underkill, because under-killing = zombies.  I generally trim a bit more of this out depending on the day, yet 80% if this is always in the bag.

retrousse