fiduciary

Author Topic: Vintage Graflex + Yoda chassis + CF 4.1 = My custom Luke ESB saber  (Read 15945 times)

Offline Maximillian

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Experienced Force User
  • Official FX-SABERS GRAFLEX ARMORY Guardian
Re: Vintage Graflex + Yoda chassis + CF 4.1 = My custom Luke ESB saber
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 08:00:23 AM »

I shimmed the blade holder with black vinyl tape so now it fits tight and solid. No more rattling.

Oh this is where I got that info. So you replaced the tape with a screw? Ive been meaning to do the same thing ;)

Offline Jedi-Diah

• Force User
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 12:34:03 PM »
I recently added a mini slide switch to cut the power to the CF (Kill Switch). Now I don't have to remove a battery every time I put it away.

I soldered one of the switch "legs" right in the positive input on the board and epoxied the switch in place. Then I connected the positive battery wire to the switch. It's really small and I can access it just by opening up the Graflex a little bit (the same amount you need to open it to access the crystal chamber led).

I got it from a Radio Shack store. They only had one but they are like these:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062490

Offline Gabywan

• Master Force User
  • Que nunca muera el niño que llevamos adentro...
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2009, 02:52:02 PM »
It is a very good modification in the circuit. ;)
When I obtain a board, perhaps take given your idea, is very good!! :D
Gaby!!

Offline Jedi-Diah

• Force User
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 04:14:14 PM »
Depending on what board you get. If you can get a Crystal Focus, you'll need it. If it's an Ultrasound or even MR, they don't really need it since they don't really drain when off (although the Ultrasound 2.0 needs to have this kind of switch to "reset" the board when it crashes - hopefully the 2.1 upgrade will fix it).

Offline Gabywan

• Master Force User
  • Que nunca muera el niño que llevamos adentro...
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 11:26:29 PM »
Hi Jedi-Diah

Board?? :-\
 that is difficult!!  :(
I would like a FC, I will hope production of Erv, therefore surely design crystal's chamber with his innovation.

Offline Jedi-Diah

• Force User
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 12:32:23 AM »
Definitely be patient and wait for a Crystal Focus board from Erv. You will be able to do cool things to light up your crystal chamber with it.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2009, 01:36:54 PM »
Definitely be patient and wait for a Crystal Focus board from Erv. You will be able to do cool things to light up your crystal chamber with it.

Understatement of the year.  If you want a rocking crystal chamber the CF is the only way to go IMO.

Jedi-diah.  Nice work on the switch.  I have one leftover from my original Yoda graflex but have not had the time to get to it.  I'm glad it worked out for you.  That was a great idea.

Offline Jedi-Diah

• Force User
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2009, 03:52:06 PM »
Yeah, the kill switch is a MUST with the CF. And I hated taking the batteries out every day. I couldn't even pry them out with my fingernails so I had to use a tool. Sooo much easier now with the little switch. :D

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 06:01:35 PM »
Yeah, the kill switch is a MUST with the CF. And I hated taking the batteries out every day. I couldn't even pry them out with my fingernails so I had to use a tool. Sooo much easier now with the little switch. :D

I used some of my wife's ribbon.  The wider the better.  I used 1/4" and it worked fine.  Cut out a 6" length then place it under the batteries when inserting them.  Do one side then wrap it around the battery holder to get the other side.  You should have just enough hanging out on each side to grip on.  When putting the hilt back together you may need to twist the pommel section around a bit to get the ribbon to tuck under nicely.  When you want to take the batteries out you just anchor one side of the ribbon down then tug on the other end and out pops your battery.  Repeat for the opposite side.

IMO we all should be doing this.  I have used tools to pry out batteries.  Not really the best thing to be doing especially if you are running Lith-ions with the CP on the top.  You could damage it.

If you are really picky you can color match your ribbon to your blade.  Red for sith.  ;D

Offline Jedi-Diah

• Force User
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2009, 06:13:01 PM »
I just got tired of pulling the batteries out and having to remove the entire bottom section every day. Now I can just open it up abut an inch or so and flip the switch and it boots up.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2009, 06:56:44 PM »
I totally agree with you there and feel your pain.  I would still use the ribbon trick though when you do take them out.  Not worth risking damage to the battery CP.  I just bought the newer 14500s.  At $10 per battery I can't afford to damage them.

Offline Jedi-Diah

• Force User
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2009, 07:00:07 PM »
The ribbon trick is a good idea.

Offline Goodman

• Master Force User
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2009, 10:45:02 AM »
"newer 14500s", Luke Skywalker? $10 each? Please expound!
**I AM RETIRED from saber commission building**

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2009, 11:19:18 AM »
Here you go.  http://www.lighthound.com/Batteries-carriers-testers_c_20.html

Recommended by Yoda.  I had CP issues with my Ultrafires not taking a charge since the CP kept shutting them down.  The newer ones are a bit better quality according to Yoda.  I have had 2 sets for about a month now and they are great.  A bit low on the mAh but as long as you get an extra set or two you should be fine.

A bit pricey but I just threw out 4 ultrafires at about $4 a piece.  :P  It these last twice as long as they did I am in better shape.

Offline Tulak Hord

• Force User
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2009, 12:44:58 PM »
This is very beautiful. I would kill to have a saber like this
It's 120 parsecs to coruscant. We have a full power cell, 2 droids, it's deep space and we have our blast shields down. Hit it.
Yub Nub

retrousse