fiduciary

Author Topic: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS EBAY SELLER!!! (Update 6-9-2007)  (Read 41714 times)

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
Re: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS EBAY SELLER!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2007, 11:35:27 AM »
Master Danva, I too have had an issue with this seller. Mine was not for any SW items though. I "bought" a complete set of Bubblegum Crisis Hardsuit V1 figures from them about 9 months ago. They cost me a lot ( $125 for 4 import figures plus $25 for shipping ).  

They NEVER sent the figures or responded to any email I sent (about 20 over 2 months). I filed trough ebay and Paypal, got my money back and dropped a negative feedback, which they didn't reply to thankfully.

I simply won't deal with them anymore, even though at times I am tempted by some of their prices on FX's.

I agree with my fellow posters here; Paypal is a must for online transactions. You're pretty much guaranteed your money back in instances like these. :)

« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 11:37:07 AM by Darth Morbius »

Offline SAESEE TIIN

• Formerly known as Lazbum
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I wish I had quotes as cool as Admiral Ackbar!
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2007, 11:39:36 AM »
I've actually been screwed by paypal before.  I purchased a Elite ROTJ saber for $800 on ebay, and even told the seller it would be awhile to send payment since I wanted to do it through paypal so it would be secure.  A week later I sent the payment, and waited 1 month never got the saber.  This user had 100+ feedback and only had 1 negative ever.  Unfortunately paypal only reimbursed me $200, well actually $175 because of their fee.  Needless to say I was really mad at the user and at ebay.

Thanks to Darth Nerdold for the sig!
Proud Owner of a Graflex V from Yoda!

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2007, 11:45:56 AM »
That's odd.  I had $600 returned to me by PayPal before when I was purchasing a set of Japanese O-yoroi Armor so I could fight in it for SCA Combat.

I wonder how they determine how much you get back?

Offline SAESEE TIIN

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2007, 11:49:16 AM »
My problem occured right when ebay decided on how their policy would work.  I paid through paypal because it said protected up to $1000.  However when I filed the complaint they implemented the policy of cashback based on feedback.  Meaning if you had 100+ and were a member for a year you got up to $2000 coverage.  This user was on for 7 months so only $200 was covered.

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2007, 05:48:35 PM »
This guy is a slapnut...check out the negative feedback :

Quote from: jackass
Feedback / Item From / Price Date / Time
 No contact with seller? Hard to please. Poor communication! Seller: sphiatt ( 50595)  Jun-01-07 15:01
  Luke Skywalker Lightsaber Ep.V .45 Scaled Replica MR (#150107641840)

He's left feedback like that for EVERYONE who never got an item and left him negative feedback.

Screw this, I am sticking this thread.

-Joclad

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline SAESEE TIIN

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2007, 06:38:05 PM »
Lol, Joclad if you have the negative feedback even after winning the dispute simply contact ebay to get it removed.

Offline killphil

• Master Force User
  • ...you know, as in Kill Bill?
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2007, 06:46:38 PM »
Lol, Joclad if you have the negative feedback even after winning the dispute simply contact ebay to get it removed.

I tried that. Didn't work. That guy's a scam artist and leaves neg FB for anyone who doesn't appreciate his dishonesty knowing full well he can get away with it because it is so hard to get neg FB withdrawn from ebay. Just went to his site to check out the FB comments and I'm pissed! I only have 1 neg FB point and it's from this crook!

Offline LANDO CALRISSIAN

• formerly known as Grayven
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have recently struck a deal with empire
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2007, 06:53:13 PM »
You need to put a reply comment to his - on your feedback. Something like. He got paid I got riped off and - feedback what an A@@. That's the best you can do if it doesn't get removed. ;)

All good is just as flawed as all bad. True power lies somewhere in between.
I like spaghetti, You like spaghetti? If so check out the spaghetti party over at judgesabersmith.com

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2007, 07:22:36 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion. ;D

No contact with seller? Hard to please. Poor communication! Seller: sphiatt ( 50598)  Jun-01-07 15:01
 Reply by sci-fi_collector_1701 (Jun-01-07 19:21):
You got paid, and I got NOTHING in return but the shaft AND - feedback, jackass.

So that pretty much lets everyone know that I got screwed by him needless to say. ;)

-Joclad

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2007, 10:51:16 PM »
You know,

Killphil, Joclad, and others that have been screwed with by this guy could always pursue action with ebay to get his REGISTERED EBAY NAME taken away   :)

If you notice....since my little escapade with ScarletKiss/justsewsimple and her bad business with me and a bunch of others,  she is no longer a REGISTERED EBAY member.

Once people see that, they are loathe to do business with the person after that.  If enough people petition and show cause to ebay, ebay can shut their business down.

Just a thought you might want to pursue.  Made me feel much better when I saw Randi's Registered Name stripped   :) 

Offline killphil

• Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2007, 11:09:51 PM »
I would absolutely love that. Unfortunetly I did report this person to ebay and I know many others have as well. I was contacted by other members who were burned by Sphiatte right after I left my neg FB.

Unfortunetly with the volume he sells, his ratio of bad transactions just isn't that high, and it seems ebay doesn't take notice.

Very corrupt if you ask me. He can screw you over and still leave people neg FB to screw them over even further. And he lies. He uses stock answers. He knows we try to contact him thru every means possible, yet his most common rebuttel is: "why didn't you email me?"

It just isn't right. Go over the FB list of his. Set it to 200 posts a page and then you'll see just how corrupt he really is. It's a shame.

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2007, 11:38:16 PM »
15 Negatives in past month (1 from TODAY)
180 Negative In past 6 months
426 Negative in past 12 months

That's a bit excessive...

Offline killphil

• Master Force User
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2007, 01:14:45 AM »
Yes I agree, but look at how much positive he's gotten in that same time frame. It's all about averages on ebay, unfortunetly :-\

Offline PRINCESS LEIA

• Her Worshipfulness
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Well,Somebody has to save our skins!!
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2007, 12:07:47 PM »
Can you put an alert on him? I haven't been on much on e-bay to know.Just a suggestion though.

The ability to speak does not make you intelligent-now get outta here
I'm out of it a little while and everyone has delusions of granduer

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2007, 12:38:38 PM »
The amount of NF leads me to believe that he may have shillers that are there to boosts his positives. I haven't looked at his customer list, but this maybe the answer. It was big when PS3 came out, and it wouldn't be surprising if this was the case. Just my opinion folks.

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

retrousse