fiduciary

Author Topic: Luke's saber in TFA... Not V2 (Target exclusive "Inside the Armory")  (Read 5827 times)

Offline tomleech

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
Just saw a screenshot from the Target behind the scenes content "Inside the Armory" and it has what looks to be Luke's Hero ROTJ saber... Anyone else seen this??

I know the saber wasn't actually in the movie, but if this is the decision than surely the Hero not the V2 will be in Ep8?

Offline Modern-Day Warrior

• Force User
Re: Luke's saber in TFA... Not V2 (Target exclusive "Inside the Armory")
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 10:05:47 AM »
I was literally just about to post about this video! :cheesy: If people haven't seen it, here it is: 2016 Inside the Armory Star Wars The Force Awakens Target Bonus Feature -

It's pretty much general design info about the weapons' design and concepts. Too bad it doesn't go into more detail about how the lightsabers were made. There is a moment where Abrams turns one on. Looks very much like a string blade rather than single LED. Luke's lightsaber is visible at 2:43. Interesting that it's not quite the ROTJ hero either.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 10:08:49 AM by Modern-Day Warrior »

Offline tomleech

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 10:18:19 AM »
Looks like the ROTJ hero with a more Obi Wan -ish emitter face doesn't it? We technically never saw the Hero emitter face in-universe without the saber ignited...

Offline darth hondo

• Master Force User
  • there can only be two
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 07:02:33 PM »
Interesting. Looks like an Obi-Luke hero hybrid. May be there will be some examples soon.

Offline anakin2000

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 01:21:45 PM »
Well one has to assume that he would have made some modifications over the past 30 years?? I could definitely see these changes pop up in the movie

Offline Scottm2815

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 04:27:12 AM »
ooh awesome, I had no idea they made a Luke lightsaber for TFA. Even though it wasn't used in the movie it's fantastic they made one anyway and surely this one will make an appearance in VIII. Looks close enough to the ROTJ for the general audience not to notice but I like the subtle differences such as the Obi Wan Derwent like emitter shroud. The paint around the neck section looks very V2 like- blacked chipped off paint/ weathered looking? However the control box is V1 hero. Proportion wise does this look like the slightly bigger V2 compared to the smaller V1 hilt? To me it looks like it could be an updated nice mix of the V1 and V2. Also has the tri belt ring.
Love the detail they went to with the new movie, real Graflex's and now a close enough Luke Saber :)
Wouldn't it be awesome to see both Luke's Orginal and ROTJ lightsabers lit up side by side in VIII, even better Luke wielding both lol!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 04:36:10 AM by Scottm2815 »

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 05:59:19 AM »
Thanks for sharing that!!

Offline TheSaberCore

• Force User
  • Every saber has a core.
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 11:25:51 AM »
ooh awesome, I had no idea they made a Luke lightsaber for TFA. Even though it wasn't used in the movie it's fantastic they made one anyway and surely this one will make an appearance in VIII. Looks close enough to the ROTJ for the general audience not to notice but I like the subtle differences such as the Obi Wan Derwent like emitter shroud. The paint around the neck section looks very V2 like- blacked chipped off paint/ weathered looking? However the control box is V1 hero. Proportion wise does this look like the slightly bigger V2 compared to the smaller V1 hilt? To me it looks like it could be an updated nice mix of the V1 and V2. Also has the tri belt ring.
Love the detail they went to with the new movie, real Graflex's and now a close enough Luke Saber :)
Wouldn't it be awesome to see both Luke's Orginal and ROTJ lightsabers lit up side by side in VIII, even better Luke wielding both lol!
Woah... Luke dual-wielding the Graflex and Hero... Never even crossed my mind  :huh:
"Luke."

"The Belonging you seek is not behind you, it is ahead."

Offline EvlDean

• No Force
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 02:41:11 PM »
its a neat saber, I like it... so I made one ;) I might be the first one with a "Luke TFA" saber

Its not assembled yet, just test fitted for some pictures

my own 3d model, printed by me for me.. stl's will be up on therpf later :)
//j

Offline Psab Keel

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2016, 06:29:26 AM »
I like it!

Offline Rhool13

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 10:46:59 AM »
Will he have this in last Jedi?

retrousse