fiduciary

Author Topic: NBv4 2015 Hasbro Vader Conversion Finished  (Read 3023 times)

Offline Meatsweats

• Padawan Learner
NBv4 2015 Hasbro Vader Conversion Finished
« on: June 04, 2017, 07:39:32 AM »
Just wanted to post this for anyone else who might be interested in doing a full conversion of a 2015 Hasbro ANH Vader.

Disassembly: pretty straightforward, there is another thread on this so I won't repeat it. My only advice is be careful when removing the bulb release section, it's plastic! The screws are glued in and can be difficult to get out. I made the mistake of putting too much force on it and slightly damaged the bulb release button. I wound up using a gripped wrench wrapped in double sided tape to unscrew the screws. Worked well, but I accidentally rubbed the black button. 

Internals:
NBv4
Tri-Cree DR/DR/W
TCSS Hasbro Vader Conversion Kit
TCSS SPST Momentary Tactile Switch(small square one)
Chassis: V6 speaker holder
28mm Veco Bass speaker
18650 removable li-ion battery

Modifications:
1.) I spray painted the conversion kit black so that windows were black. I didn't attempt to re-create the lines and circles of the windows because I couldn't think of a really good way to do it. Might try in the future but not a huge issue for me. The black sticker that came with it seemed like it would be a pain to line up so I didn't even try.

2.) Activation Switch: I used the small square momentary tactile switch from TCSS. This is probably the hardest part of the conversion to get right. Wired two wires off the same side, one going to ground the other to Act Switch. You need to remove the silver plate that comes with the saber because the switch won't fit underneath it or activate because it's too rigid. I also spray painted the underside of the bubble card silver. Superglued the switch to the top of the wall and put the bubblecard right over it and reattached the sides. Works really well.

3.) Chassis Retention: I used the TCSS V6 speaker holder which actually works great and is cheap BUT you must use a chassis retention screw. Drilled and tapped a 8-32 hole in the bottom of the hilt, it was my first time doing that and it worked very well. Used a 8-32 1/4 set screw which really isn't too bad looking. There is no movement at all of the chassis with this.

Pics:

The NBv4 is great by the way! Still very easy to solder to. Sounds great, produces loud and clear sound. The new motion sensing is really nice too. Love it!
If you have questions feel free to message me. Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 07:42:52 AM by Meatsweats »

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
Re: NBv4 2015 Hasbro Vader Conversion Finished
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 04:41:33 PM »
That's very nice.

Offline Lord Xeno

• Master Force User
  • Sith...they mostly come out at night. Mostly.
Re: NBv4 2015 Hasbro Vader Conversion Finished
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 08:41:27 AM »
Great job and awesome saber

retrousse