fiduciary

Author Topic: Ramaditya's MR Mace Windu Force-FX Lightsaber  (Read 1577 times)

Offline Ramaditya

• Guardian of the Outer Rim
  • Master Force User
  • The first blind member of FX-Sabers Forum!
    • Who Says A Blind Man Can't Blog?
Ramaditya's MR Mace Windu Force-FX Lightsaber
« on: November 18, 2008, 03:56:15 PM »
Alright then! Here is my Master Replicas Mace Windu Force-FX Lightsaber! I got it from eBay for $132, but I don't really know from what episode this saber is.

The sound is working fine, although I cannot see the LEDD's functionality. According to my friend, some LEDs are about to die, so I will probably be extra careful to this.

PS: Any possibility to fix the LEDs or convert it?

~If you want to be loved, make yourself loveable~

Check out my lightsaber collection here (post #44):
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=20080.msg308481

Offline GRAND MOFF TARKIN

• formerly pianoman/Admiral Piett
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Fear will keep them in line...
Re: Ramaditya's MR Mace Windu Force-FX Lightsaber
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 04:03:51 PM »
Well you have a few options. You could take it apart and convert it to a luxeon light saber that has just one really bright led in the hilt. If you do that then you will have a removable blade where you can then display just the hilt.

Nice review!

Offline The Rebel

• Formerly known as Kyuubi
  • Master Force User
  • Rebel by nature, comedian by choice.
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 04:15:00 PM »
Awesome review, Ramaditya. The saber itself was kind of weird. I know it was from the camera, but the blade had a blue glow around it and the reflection on your face was purple lol.

I think Mace's is a pretty cool saber though, nice sleek hilt design makes for some good stuntability. XD

As for the LEDs, you should be able to get it converted by Ultrasabers. I'm not sure about that, so you'd have to ask one of the Ultrasabers Techs about that.

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 04:31:56 PM »
Nice review. 
The blade itself can be repaired or replaced...but caution!  I repaired my Mace LEDs by re-soddering the individual leds that were disconnected.  This did not last (or maybe I'm a little rough on sabers).  Then I replaced the entire LED strip with a Luke Led strip I found on ebay.  The blue LED strip fits into a reddish filtered sleeve to give it that purple hue.  It was a TIGHT fit and I almost snapped the strip in half trying to put it back together.  I ended up buying a DIY kit from Ultra Sabers and converting it a Luxeon.  The brightness of the Luxeon far exceeded my expectation and made up for losing the Phasing up/down feature.
Good luck, if you need help with the converstion, please let me know! and let us know what happens!

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline Ramaditya

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 02:54:40 PM »
Well you have a few options. You could take it apart and convert it to a luxeon light saber that has just one really bright led in the hilt. If you do that then you will have a removable blade where you can then display just the hilt.

Nice review!

Nice! Tsundere confirmed that it is not the LED's problem, but the film inside it. I think I will be able to hold it a bit longer not to convert.

PS: This is the AOTC 2004 version, is it rare?

Offline Ramaditya

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 03:00:44 PM »
Nice review. 
The blade itself can be repaired or replaced...but caution!  I repaired my Mace LEDs by re-soddering the individual leds that were disconnected.  This did not last (or maybe I'm a little rough on sabers).  Then I replaced the entire LED strip with a Luke Led strip I found on ebay.  The blue LED strip fits into a reddish filtered sleeve to give it that purple hue.  It was a TIGHT fit and I almost snapped the strip in half trying to put it back together.  I ended up buying a DIY kit from Ultra Sabers and converting it a Luxeon.  The brightness of the Luxeon far exceeded my expectation and made up for losing the Phasing up/down feature.
Good luck, if you need help with the converstion, please let me know! and let us know what happens!

Ouch! I won't EVER be brave enough to do that.

Alright then, I will contact you if I need help and decide to convert my saber. For now it's just fine (problem solved above).

retrousse